Shaking up the Penguins, Part 2

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Shaking up the Penguins, Part 2

Postby Humperdink on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:05 am

penny lane wrote:Morning~ trade deadline on a Monday... ? Unusual.

I think somewhere today they get a goalie.

That would surprise me.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Caputi19 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:06 am

lemieuxReturns wrote:
Caputi19 wrote:Charlie Coyle was traded for so little....I would have taken him on the pens

When was Coyle traded and for what?

Edit: Nevermind.

Ryan Donato and 5th
Caputi19
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ville5 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:19 am

Sabres now have like 10 NHL dmen. Scandella is due off IR anyday. Would GMJR have interest?
ville5
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:21 am

penny lane wrote:Morning~ trade deadline on a Monday... ? Unusual.

I think somewhere today they get a goalie.

An NHL goalie? You want 3 goalies under NHL contracts and eating space?

Or are you talking AHL depth? Saying they are giving up on Jarry? Or moving a goalie or what?

Not sure why you’d think this.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby stonewizard51 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:21 am

FLPensFan wrote:
Maestro wrote:Scratch another off the list:
Nyquist is heading to San Jose.

And another one....Brian Gibbons :roll: :roll: to Ottawa for Patrick Sieloff (Melnyk pronounced his name sell off). :lol:

Yeah - Aside from Stone there isn't anyone left worth trading for and Stone won't be cheap.
stonewizard51
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:25 am

scpensfan wrote:Don't. Add. Anything.

Spend the rest of the season trying to decide if the goods are left to make one more big push with this core.

And if you're serious about possibly dealing Kessel over the summer, see if someone will make a crazy offer now.

Yeah I’m fine with no moves, especially if Letang and Dumo are out for a while. You’re not going to get anyone to replace them, and if you do it won’t be cheap.

Rutherford sadly doesn’t give two ***** about the future. He’s in win now mode, which is fine if you have the horses to do it. I don’t think this team does.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby thehockeyguru on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:31 am

murphydump55 wrote:
scpensfan wrote:Don't. Add. Anything.

Spend the rest of the season trying to decide if the goods are left to make one more big push with this core.

And if you're serious about possibly dealing Kessel over the summer, see if someone will make a crazy offer now.

Yeah I’m fine with no moves, especially if Letang and Dumo are out for a while. You’re not going to get anyone to replace them, and if you do it won’t be cheap.

Rutherford sadly doesn’t give two ***** about the future. He’s in win now mode, which is fine if you have the horses to do it. I don’t think this team does.

You are correct, they dont have the horses. A plan needs to be in place now though to dump what salary they can now and use the space to retool next season.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby scpensfan on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:34 am

Need to be thinking of deals that could pay off long-term moving forward. Your Schultz-for-a-mid-rounder deals. There's no point in going big for this year. This team has had 60 games to prove it's got what it takes. The only thing it has proven so far is that it isn't a playoff team through 75% of the year.
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:40 am

scpensfan wrote:Need to be thinking of deals that could pay off long-term moving forward. Your Schultz-for-a-mid-rounder deals. There's no point in going big for this year. This team has had 60 games to prove it's got what it takes. The only thing it has proven so far is that it isn't a playoff team through 75% of the year.

Well they should look to see if any hockey trades could be made that improves them beyond this year. Hoffman from Florida or Kreider from the Rangers come to mind. However its more than likely that such a move would happen after the season is over. Regardless of who you add at forward or defense, if the goalie(s) continue to be inconsistent it doesn't matter who you might add.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:42 am

Take it for what it is worth but Kessel in play to Vegas.
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:44 am

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Take it for what it is worth but Kessel in play to Vegas.

****. JR will screw that up bad.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby scpensfan on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:48 am

If the idea is to deal Kessel for stuff and then use that stuff to help make the team better moving forward, I'm all for it.

If the idea is to deal Kessel as some kind of desperate play to kickstart this year's team? Hard pass.
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:55 am

If it is Kessel for Marchesult though count me in.
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:56 am

scpensfan wrote:If the idea is to deal Kessel for stuff and then use that stuff to help make the team better moving forward, I'm all for it.

If the idea is to deal Kessel as some kind of desperate play to kickstart this year's team? Hard pass.

Based on how poorly Kessel has played the last 15 games or so, would we even miss him? Again with Phil any trade would have to be made with the long term in mind. You aren't trading him for rentals.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:04 am

pens_CT wrote:Based on how poorly Kessel has played the last 15 games or so, would we even miss him?

:face:
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:04 am

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Take it for what it is worth but Kessel in play to Vegas.

That's an Eklund rumor, translation Fake News.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Cow_Master66 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 am

pens_CT wrote:
scpensfan wrote:If the idea is to deal Kessel for stuff and then use that stuff to help make the team better moving forward, I'm all for it.

Based on how poorly Kessel has played the last 15 games or so, would we even miss him? Again with Phil any trade would have to be made with the long term in mind. You aren't trading him for rentals.

Yes, 15 games is more than enough! Bye Phil, thanks again for being surprisingly consistent and the 2 Stanley Cups....Loser!
Cow_Master66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mad City Mike on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:06 am

As I was showering this morning, I had the thought that Kessel might be traded. Don't know why. No rumor, no nothing. Or am I supposed to say that an inside source told me that?
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:06 am

Jim wrote:
pens_CT wrote:Based on how poorly Kessel has played the last 15 games or so, would we even miss him?

:face:

Please mention a quality he has to help this team when he isn't scoring or driving offense?
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:06 am

Columbus just got Kinkaid, does that mean Bob is gone?
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:09 am

Cow_Master66 wrote:
pens_CT wrote:

Yes, 15 games is more than enough! Bye Phil, thanks again for being surprisingly consistent and the 2 Stanley Cups....Loser!

If you keep guys for what they have done in the past that's the quickest path to having a losing team. Again what does he provide if he's not scoring? I'm eager to await your response.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:10 am

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Columbus just got Kinkaid, does that mean Bob is gone?

Insurance policy when goaltender Bob plays like goaltender Boob in the playoffs.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby lemieuxReturns on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 am

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Columbus just got Kinkaid, does that mean Bob is gone?

Hmm. That would be interesting. It appeared they were going all in so it would be surprising if they traded bob now.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 am

Mad City Mike wrote:As I was showering this morning, I had the thought that Kessel might be traded. Don't know why. No rumor, no nothing. Or am I supposed to say that an inside source told me that?

You should at least give it an E rating to make it sound official.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Cow_Master66 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:13 am

pens_CT wrote:
Cow_Master66 wrote:
pens_CT wrote:

If you keep guys for what they have done in the past that's the quickest path to having a losing team. Again what does he provide if he's not scoring? I'm eager to await your response.

Well, he's one of 3 players on the team over a point/game so how about if you define "not driving offense".
Cow_Master66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins