A bit sad but much calmer

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

A bit sad but much calmer

Postby Weegie on Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 am

Of course we all feel a bit sad that the Pens were eliminated, not used to that recently, but it is amazing how much calmer I feel and I'm not even playing the games! I coach U-12 soccer and some of the Pens games were right after our games and let me tell you coaching a game then rooting for the Pens on TV was rough unless it was the Pens in a blowout, if it was a tight game (which most were) I'd have to remind myself to breath when a commercial came on and also now that it's over realize just how there was always an uptight undercurrent flowing through me, I guess it just shows how much we care for this team and how hard we root them on, almost trying to will them to victory through the tv screen. I would come home from a Sunday game or a Tuesday or Thursday night practice, the wife would have the game on and as I was walking in the room I would say "is this going to upset me?", and she'd either say "no, not at all" or make a face and sheepishly say "yes" lol!

But I will gladly take it next season again, just like I have for the last 43 years, we live and die with the boys..... :wink:
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: A bit sad but much calmer

Postby no name on Wed May 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Well said sir.

Every year the playoffs is a roller coaster like no other.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: A bit sad but much calmer

Postby Cow_Master66 on Thu May 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Weegie wrote:Of course we all feel a bit sad that the Pens were eliminated, not used to that recently, but it is amazing how much calmer I feel and I'm not even playing the games! I coach U-12 soccer and some of the Pens games were right after our games and let me tell you coaching a game then rooting for the Pens on TV was rough unless it was the Pens in a blowout, if it was a tight game (which most were) I'd have to remind myself to breath when a commercial came on and also now that it's over realize just how there was always an uptight undercurrent flowing through me, I guess it just shows how much we care for this team and how hard we root them on, almost trying to will them to victory through the tv screen. I would come home from a Sunday game or a Tuesday or Thursday night practice, the wife would have the game on and as I was walking in the room I would say "is this going to upset me?", and she'd either say "no, not at all" or make a face and sheepishly say "yes" lol!

But I will gladly take it next season again, just like I have for the last 43 years, we live and die with the boys..... :wink:

I'd punch my wife in the face if she mentioned anything to me about the game.

Second, you gotta check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_video_recorder

I'm with you the rest of the way :)
Cow_Master66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins