Official GDT: ROUND 2, GAME 6 - 5/7/18 Pens vs Caps

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: ROUND 2, GAME 6 - 5/7/18 Pens vs Caps

Postby Fast B on Tue May 08, 2018 1:07 am

DelPen wrote:
Inkio wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Inkio wrote:Murray hasn't been the same since he lost his Dad. I think he comes back strong next year. He may need a Summer to recuperate.

Think about this... He's 23 years old. He lost his father at 23. That's hard. Not to mention being a professional hockey goalie. That's a lot of pressure.

I think he returns to form next year.

I think he’s mentally done and will never recover.

I hope that's sarcasm. If not, damn lol.

It’s not. He was out way too long this year for whatever reasons and it’s not going to get better

k
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby flame on Tue May 08, 2018 2:43 am

Malkintent wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Inkio wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Inkio wrote:Murray hasn't been the same since he lost his Dad. I think he comes back strong next year. He may need a Summer to recuperate.

Think about this... He's 23 years old. He lost his father at 23. That's hard. Not to mention being a professional hockey goalie. That's a lot of pressure.

I think he returns to form next year.

I think he’s mentally done and will never recover.

I hope that's sarcasm. If not, damn lol.

It’s not. He was out way too long this year for whatever reasons and it’s not going to get better

And you know this how?

Based on nothing. Guys 23 and has won 2 cups. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. That being said he has some stuff to work on...
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue May 08, 2018 3:36 am

Stuff to work on? What he needs to work on is gaining some dang weight. Dude is skin and bones, that is why he is a leaky goaltender.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Tue May 08, 2018 5:42 am

FallenHero96 wrote:Stuff to work on? What he needs to work on is gaining some dang weight. Dude is skin and bones, that is why he is a leaky goaltender.

I wasn’t able to add weight/muscle mass until my mid 20’s.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Tue May 08, 2018 6:07 am

Steve Dave wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:Stuff to work on? What he needs to work on is gaining some dang weight. Dude is skin and bones, that is why he is a leaky goaltender.

I wasn’t able to add weight/muscle mass until my mid 20’s.

Was your job to be a professional athlete with virtually unlimited time and resources to accomplish that?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NJ5934 on Tue May 08, 2018 6:46 am

Just goes to show how timing is key. This team was unbeatable from Jan to March but never resembled that period of time again, particularly after the trade deadline I think Brassard was the guy we needed but giving up Cole was the hole that ended up costing us.

Good on the Caps because they were the better team. Hope they now get destroyed by Tampa.

This should be the summer of defensive depth.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby djlm on Tue May 08, 2018 6:47 am

Anyone kind of wonder if we never repeat last year if we had Letang making mistakes?
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NJ5934 on Tue May 08, 2018 7:03 am

Not that Letang didn't hurt us...but I think Letang is truly a warrior and has forever been guilty of trying to do far to much. When his game is simplified, he's incredible...when he's all over the ice, his mistakes cost us.

Malkin and Kessel on the other hand slept walked this series. Kessel was just terrible....and there was no excuse for their lack of everything.

Two completely different issues from senior guys on this team.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Badger Bob on Tue May 08, 2018 8:37 am

NJ5934 wrote:Not that Letang didn't hurt us...but I think Letang is truly a warrior and has forever been guilty of trying to do far to much. When his game is simplified, he's incredible...when he's all over the ice, his mistakes cost us.

Malkin and Kessel on the other hand slept walked this series. Kessel was just terrible....and there was no excuse for their lack of everything.

Two completely different issues from senior guys on this team.

Malkin and Kessel both played hurt. I wouldn't categorize it as sleep walking or an excuse. Malkin has a knee injury, the details are yet to come. Kessel definitely was suffering from something, be it cracked ribs, a hand or wrist injury or something else. We'll be hearing about that too soon.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Cu11en on Tue May 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Holtby looked twice Murray's size. Maybe it had something to do with the 5XL jersey he was wearing, of which the loose fabric from the left sleeve made a critical save last night.
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BurghThing on Tue May 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Cu11en wrote:

Holtby looked twice Murray's size. Maybe it had something to do with the 5XL jersey he was wearing, of which the loose fabric from the left sleeve made a critical save last night.

Don't worry, the league is cracking down on goalie equipment! And day now, any day. We'll do pants first, no wait, how about socks? Think they could get that right?

Nah, me neither.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby stonewizard51 on Tue May 08, 2018 2:22 pm

Amazingly enough my TV survived Letang's gift to Kuznetsov. That being said they played like they were. Tired after back to back Cups and injured. There was nothing left in the tank. Get well and heal. We'll see you in the fall.

GO PENS !!!
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins