Accept the fact there is no open ice.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Accept the fact there is no open ice.

Postby DistinctKickingMtn on Thu May 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Pens have played these first three games as if they were regular season games. They are not. There is not much open ice out there and I see people trying to find the perfect pass, people passing up shots on goal, people trying to make the pretty play, and people hesistate with the puck on their sticks. Those people are playing for Pittsburgh, not Washington.

Tonight needs to be the beginning of a whole new series in which people get pucks deep, people pass up pretty passes for shots on net, people get traffic in front of Holtby, and people stop pinching in stupidly in key situations.

Tonight also needs to be the wake up, or sit the bench moment for our two time Cup winning goalie, who is playing like warmed over crap so far.

Time to win ugly. I'll take a 2-1 win in overtime, thank you very much.
DistinctKickingMtn
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Accept the fact there is no open ice.

Postby Great58 on Fri May 04, 2018 4:29 am

DistinctKickingMtn wrote:Pens have played these first three games as if they were regular season games. They are not. There is not much open ice out there and I see people trying to find the perfect pass, people passing up shots on goal, people trying to make the pretty play, and people hesistate with the puck on their sticks. Those people are playing for Pittsburgh, not Washington.

Tonight needs to be the beginning of a whole new series in which people get pucks deep, people pass up pretty passes for shots on net, people get traffic in front of Holtby, and people stop pinching in stupidly in key situations.

Tonight also needs to be the wake up, or sit the bench moment for our two time Cup winning goalie, who is playing like warmed over crap so far.

Time to win ugly. I'll take a 2-1 win in overtime, thank you very much.

How about 3-1 with an ENG?
Great bounce back win for Murray.
I have to assume Sid has had nothing to shoot at on the 2 on 1’s that he’s had that result in no SOG. He’s got far greater vision than any of us, which tempers my frustration. Hat tip to Holtby, if so.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins