Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby pensfaninhudsonvalley on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:54 pm

KG wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
pensfaninhudsonvalley wrote:and 2 SOG by our great acquisition. Did we really need a 3C, need D IMO


Wow.


Lol yeah really.



Merely stating that Shehan was doing well as a 3C and now they put him on wing on crosby's line tonight in the 3rd? I would of rather found a better defenseman to upgrade then getting Brassard who only likes to score against Pittsburgh, well he can't do that now.
pensfaninhudsonvalley
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Middletown,NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:56 pm

Southern Fan wrote:On the plus side, Hunwick didn’t look terrible


Is this a serious statement? Were we both watching the same #22, Matt Hunwick?
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,004
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:57 pm

pensfaninhudsonvalley wrote:
KG wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
pensfaninhudsonvalley wrote:and 2 SOG by our great acquisition. Did we really need a 3C, need D IMO


Wow.


Lol yeah really.



Merely stating that Shehan was doing well as a 3C and now they put him on wing on crosby's line tonight in the 3rd? I would of rather found a better defenseman to upgrade then getting Brassard who only likes to score against Pittsburgh, well he can't do that now.

Because Sheahan actually deserves better than to center Rowney and Kühnhackl.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,723
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby KG on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:57 pm

Sully needs to put a better lineup together.

Sheary either plays with Sid or is scratched. Period!
ZAR is in the lineup and plays more then 4 minutes .
Never have Tommy K and Rowney in the lineup together again.

This team is at its best when they can roll 4 lines. This lineup tonight bad. Poor line combinations and 2 anchors on the 4th line.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,525
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby Hot Dog Vendor on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:00 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
pensfaninhudsonvalley wrote:
KG wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
pensfaninhudsonvalley wrote:and 2 SOG by our great acquisition. Did we really need a 3C, need D IMO


Wow.


Lol yeah really.



Merely stating that Shehan was doing well as a 3C and now they put him on wing on crosby's line tonight in the 3rd? I would of rather found a better defenseman to upgrade then getting Brassard who only likes to score against Pittsburgh, well he can't do that now.

Because Sheahan actually deserves better than to center Rowney and Kühnhackl.


You could put Sheahan on the ice with 2 Roombas as wingers and get better results.
Hot Dog Vendor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,004
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:00 pm

KG wrote:Sully needs to put a better lineup together.

Sheary either plays with Sid or is scratched. Period!
ZAR is in the lineup and plays more then 4 minutes .
Never have Tommy K and Rowney in the lineup together again.

This team is at its best when they can roll 4 lines. This lineup tonight bad. Poor line combinations and 2 anchors on the 4th line.

Can't really play Rowney or Kühnhackl above the 4th line, that's the problem here. Would be fine, if you didn't really want to scratch Sheary as well. Then you could just play ZAR and scratch one of Rowney/Knuckles.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,723
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby KG on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:22 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
KG wrote:Sully needs to put a better lineup together.

Sheary either plays with Sid or is scratched. Period!
ZAR is in the lineup and plays more then 4 minutes .
Never have Tommy K and Rowney in the lineup together again.

This team is at its best when they can roll 4 lines. This lineup tonight bad. Poor line combinations and 2 anchors on the 4th line.

Can't really play Rowney or Kühnhackl above the 4th line, that's the problem here. Would be fine, if you didn't really want to scratch Sheary as well. Then you could just play ZAR and scratch one of Rowney/Knuckles.



Well to be honest I don’t want either Rowney or Knuckles in the lineup.

I am still confused why ZAR is scratched and Sprong is in the minors. I think they would both add some young enthusiasm to the lineup. Tonight’s lineup didn’t mesh at all. Looked stale to be honest.

We have enough depth to have 4 solid lines. Coach needs to make sure that happens.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,525
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby Antonio on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:46 pm

Frankly I'd rather see zar and sprong with Sheahan on the 4th than Rowney and Kuhn.
Antonio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,249
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby BurghThing on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:53 pm

Antonio wrote:Frankly I'd rather see zar and sprong with Sheahan on the 4th than Rowney and Kuhn.


General Zod and a rusted spring would be better on the fourth line than those 2 stiffs.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,522
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby Maestro on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:00 am

If Rowney isn't going to do R dot f.o. and do so at critical times then please get him out of the lineup. Please.
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,785
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby Puck-Lurker on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:32 am

We will also need Murray back. DeSmith and Jarry are better than Niemi, but still give up too many weak ones.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,723
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby booboo on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:36 am

I'd put this one on the coach. One case in the story: Guentz and Phil have been gelling very well lately.
Why breaking them up?
I was also hoping for Brassard to join those two to help him in while not loosing the momentum of our 3rd line.
And yes we need ZAR back. And put him in with Sid.
booboo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,237
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:06 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby Jim on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:37 am

KG wrote:Sully needs to put a better lineup together.

Sheary either plays with Sid or is scratched. Period!
ZAR is in the lineup and plays more then 4 minutes .
Never have Tommy K and Rowney in the lineup together again.

This team is at its best when they can roll 4 lines. This lineup tonight bad. Poor line combinations and 2 anchors on the 4th line.


Sullivan just needs to stick to a lineup. Stop pulling names out of a hat to see who goes out together this shift.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,455
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Devils 2/27/18

Postby nastystang05 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:39 am

ZAR/Rust Crosby Sheary
Hagelin Malkin Hornqvist
Kessel Brassard Guenztel
Rust /ZAR Sheahan Rowny/Knuckles

I don't know if I have the wings are on their correct side but I think these are probably better lines to go with than we saw last night.
nastystang05
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:41 pm
Location: Doctor of Physical Therapy, Exercise Physiologist

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests


e-mail