Stewie Griffin Postgame:Panthers Pounce On Pens 6-5

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame:Panthers Pounce On Pens 6-5

Postby netwolf on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:53 am

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens at Panthers, a 6-5 loss

Something good: Malkin continues to pile up points, posting another 2 goals and an assist. He leads the NHL in points since New Year's.

Where they need improvement: Loose defensive coverage and shaky goaltending is not conducive to winning. Hunwick will get a lot of (well-earned) grief for his play, but he wasn't alone. Oleksiak got caught on a goal and Dumoulin got walked in another.

Something good: Down 3 and having get to even sniff a power play, they just kept at it. They were able to battle back to 5-5. Being that close to a road point but coming up short stinks, by past Penguin teams would've melted down, frustrated.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame:Panthers Pounce On Pens 6-5

Postby ville5 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:00 pm

netwolf wrote:
Something good: Malkin continues to pile up points, posting another 2 goals and an assist. He leads the NHL in points since New Year's.

Every time I think Malkin's going to catch Ovechkin or Kucherov, they pull away. So dang frustrating!!
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame:Panthers Pounce On Pens 6-5

Postby netwolf on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:06 pm

As hot as Malkin is right now, imagine what he'd be doing if the Pens were getting more than 1 PP a night. But to be fair, the Pens are a fast, skilled team that has the puck a lot. Teams like that have a tough time forcing opponents to take penalties. =/
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins