Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Bag Leafs 5-3

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Bag Leafs 5-3

Postby netwolf on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens vs Leafs, a 5-3 win

Something good: Evgeni Malkin was a force, bulling his way to the net for a goal (his 900th career point). He was so good, he was able to get Bryan Rust to hit an empty net.

Where they need improvement: I can't say I was a fan of Olli Maatta getting his stick into Zack Hyman's skates on that icing race. I know it was accidental and Hyman is seemingly okay, but that could've gone real, real bad.

Something good: Zach Aston-Reese continues to look more comfortable. He played a little over 16 minutes, 7 his, 4 shots, drew a penalty, and scored a nice goal off a rebound.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Bag Leafs 5-3

Postby Great58 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:23 pm

I am a little embarrassed with how much my impression of ZAR has changed since his second game. I thought he was hardly noticeable the first two nights, except for one shot off a rebound in NJ. He's now hard to miss.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Stewie Griffin Postgame:Pens Bag Leafs 5-3

Postby Great58 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:20 pm

I watched a Leaf fan's video response to the game. Said while the Capitals are good, the Pens are just so hard to beat. The difference being the relentlessness of the team. That is similar to the assessment that was present last spring, when the Pens grinded out a win against the Leafs at the PPGPA. Bodes well for our near future.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins