Interview with Lukas Bengtsson

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Interview with Lukas Bengtsson

Postby pekkasteele on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:33 am

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/h ... mardrommen

Here are a ainterview with Lukas, I have google translated it and corrected the biggest mistakes.

--------------------------------------------------------
Aim for NHL after total nightmare
This spring, Lukas Bengtsson said about his unusual disease.

After a real hell's year he is aiming for a place in NHL.

"The thought of abandoning never hit me," said the 23-year-old to Hockeysverige.

It was in an interview with Sportbladet this spring as former Frölunda star Lukas Bengtsson chose to tell about his unusual disease.

Bengtsson had known dizziness and nausea for a long time and after seeking medical treatment with a Swedish doctor, it was found that he had suffered from borrelia.

But time passed and the antibiotic cure did not help.

In conjunction with last summer’s main camp with the NHL club Pittsburgh Penguins, he was hit by a new setback, and after new extensive tests at the Mayo Clinic, Minnesota's world-leading clinic, he received the unusual diagnosis: POTS syndrome, a complex and rare disease (See the fact box below).
"Doctors think I've had this for three to four years. They think the disease may have come from the ghost fever I had when I was 17 years old. Now, afterwards, I understand why in all these years I have been more tired than usual. My family, and some friends, have repeatedly complained that I often say I'm tired, Bengtsson told Sportbladet.

Played 16 games
The Swedish defender played 16 matches with the AHL team Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Penguins last season. He had great hopes to get the chance in Pittsburgh because the NHL team had suffered a damage crisis monumental on the top 4 defenders Kris Letang, Olli Määttä, Trevor Daley and Justin Schultz - but the disease stopped.

Now, Lukas Bengtsson is feeling better.

"Burns for Hockey"
In an interview with Hockeysverige.se, the 23-year-old says that he can work almost unobtrusively and has built up a lot of muscles during the summer.

- The thought of putting off never hit me. I'm passionate about hockey and have done since I was little. When I'm as close to a dream as NHL, I do not want to give up just because I'm feeling bad. As I said, I feel better now than I have done in a long time, says Bengtsson.
The goal is to make a debut in NHL the coming season.

"I am very excited and curious about what the body is doing. I want to debut. If it's going to be this season or not, then we'll see. The goal is now to come back to the ice hockey and then take it from there, says Lukas Bengtsson to Hockeysverige.
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Interview with Lukas Bengtsson

Postby Sigwolf on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks for the translation. I'm not sure what his chances are of overcoming this at a level as high as the NHL, but I would love to see it and will be rooting for him.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:55 pm

I wonder what "ghost fever" is.
Great58
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pekkasteele on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Great58 wrote:I wonder what "ghost fever" is.

I think it is "Infectious mononucleosis". In swedish it is "körtelfeber" and I checked it in wikipedia in swedish and then changed to englich and got that!
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ville5 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:43 pm

I ghost is alluding to "fantom" (phantom)? Perhaps fever resulting from an unknown or unseen cause?
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ville5 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:44 pm

pekkasteele wrote:

I think it is "Infectious mononucleosis". In swedish it is "körtelfeber" and I checked it in wikipedia in swedish and then changed to englich and got that!

:thumb: Certainly makes sense. Only thing I could find was a relation if ghost to fantom. :(
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Penspal on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:36 pm

He was my surprise pick to make the squad last year. Now, I am cheering for him even more for this year!
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: UPMC - Universal Pens Mojo Control - Hockey Gods, Hear us now! Pens are worthy, Preds are not!

Postby Great58 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:35 pm

pekkasteele wrote:

Thanks!
Great58
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins