Penguins Injury Update Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby bhaw on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:16 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Sean Gentile reporting that Nick Bonino has a broken tibia and had to take some shots just to be able to get on the ice tonight.


How the hell did he play the rest of the game where it happened? Seriously.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,740
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby Defence21 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 am

Injuries, per DK:

Cole: broken hand and broken rib

Hornqvist: broken hand

Schultz: broken rib
Last edited by Defence21 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,394
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 am

bhaw wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Sean Gentile reporting that Nick Bonino has a broken tibia and had to take some shots just to be able to get on the ice tonight.


How the hell did he play the rest of the game where it happened? Seriously.

Yeah, right. Not sure if it is correct, but somewhere in the post game NBC crew mentioned it, and I believe they said it was a clean break, meaning, all the way through. Would explain why he could barely stand.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,738
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby KG on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:35 am

Thought it was cool seeing Kuhnackl helping Bonino skating to celebrate after they won.

Great team. Hockey players are the best people in sports no doubt.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,592
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:47 am

If anyone didn't see, Rutherford said he has no plans of retiring. As long as he feels healthy, fit, and able to do the job, he plans to remain as the GM. Has 2 more years remaining on his current deal......wouldn't be surprised to see an extension for him next year.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,738
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:45 am

If anyone didn't see it, while pretty broadly speculated that Dumoulin was playing with a bad back most of the playoffs, that was incorrect.

Dumoulin broke his hand in Game 5 against Columbus blocking a David Savard slapshot......and then rebroke it....again....and again. His hand was broke pretty much from that game 5 on, right hand, between the middle and ring fingers. Dumo said it would start to feel better or start to heal, and he'd do something like cross-check a player and he could feel it (and the pain) break again.

Luckily, even after being broken several times in the playoffs, he said he will not need surgery (for screws and pins), and it has already been healing well with rest.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,738
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby Jim on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 am

There are no "between" bones in the hand. It was probably not all the way through the bone (mild linear crack?) and luckily not a greenstick (pieces broken off). I do not recall seeing anything on his hand during the parade, and this pic shows him holding 3 beers in one hand and single-hand texting with the other... rather good control, strength and dexterity, so it must not have been bad overall.

Image
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,632
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Jim wrote:There are no "between" bones in the hand. It was probably not all the way through the bone (mild linear crack?) and luckily not a greenstick (pieces broken off). I do not recall seeing anything on his hand during the parade, and this pic shows him holding 3 beers in one hand and single-hand texting with the other... rather good control, strength and dexterity, so it must not have been bad overall.

Image

Not bad? It took THREE BEERS to numb the pain!!!! 8-)
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,738
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby flame on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Jim wrote:There are no "between" bones in the hand. It was probably not all the way through the bone (mild linear crack?) and luckily not a greenstick (pieces broken off). I do not recall seeing anything on his hand during the parade, and this pic shows him holding 3 beers in one hand and single-hand texting with the other... rather good control, strength and dexterity, so it must not have been bad overall.

Image


This picture is talking about him scoring the first goal so wouldn't this be from the San Jose celebration and not Nashville?
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:30 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby BurghThing on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:35 pm

flame wrote:
Jim wrote:There are no "between" bones in the hand. It was probably not all the way through the bone (mild linear crack?) and luckily not a greenstick (pieces broken off). I do not recall seeing anything on his hand during the parade, and this pic shows him holding 3 beers in one hand and single-hand texting with the other... rather good control, strength and dexterity, so it must not have been bad overall.

Image


This picture is talking about him scoring the first goal so wouldn't this be from the San Jose celebration and not Nashville?


Definitely last years celebration.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,239
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby Steve Dave on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:37 pm

BurghThing wrote:
flame wrote:
Jim wrote:There are no "between" bones in the hand. It was probably not all the way through the bone (mild linear crack?) and luckily not a greenstick (pieces broken off). I do not recall seeing anything on his hand during the parade, and this pic shows him holding 3 beers in one hand and single-hand texting with the other... rather good control, strength and dexterity, so it must not have been bad overall.

Image


This picture is talking about him scoring the first goal so wouldn't this be from the San Jose celebration and not Nashville?


Definitely last years celebration.

Yea, I think they are all texting about Cuba being there.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,512
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Steve Dave wrote:
BurghThing wrote:
flame wrote:
Jim wrote:There are no "between" bones in the hand. It was probably not all the way through the bone (mild linear crack?) and luckily not a greenstick (pieces broken off). I do not recall seeing anything on his hand during the parade, and this pic shows him holding 3 beers in one hand and single-hand texting with the other... rather good control, strength and dexterity, so it must not have been bad overall.

Image


This picture is talking about him scoring the first goal so wouldn't this be from the San Jose celebration and not Nashville?


Definitely last years celebration.

Yea, I think they are all texting about Cuba being there.

The dead giveaway is the Vegas gold......
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,738
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


e-mail