Penguins Injury Update Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Penguins Injury Update Thread

Postby Lesky on Fri May 19, 2017 4:13 pm

If Rust has a concussion, why put him on a plane to Canada that soon?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Injured players, are ANY close to returning?

Postby Weegie on Sat May 20, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm pressed for time and right now too lazy to look it up so could you guys who are out there closer than I am tell me are ANY of the walking wounded even close to returning? Horny, Schultz and Rusty, I did look up a bit but found not much info and these idiots on TV either know nothing or say nothing or both....

If we could just get them back and playing at near their level of play we can do this....the team is showing much grit and pride and determination despite being CONSTANTLY wracked with injuries!

Thanks in advance, just figured you guys hear so much more than us Eastern PA. guys lol!!!

"LET'S GO PENS!!!!"
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Injured players, are ANY close to returning?

Postby scpensfan on Sat May 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Seemed like Rust was the closest the other day. Not sure if that has changed. I think he's a possibility for G5, while the others are longshots.
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Sat May 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Madden hinted that Schultz may return for game 5. I would think Rust would be close, but who knows with concussions. I would also expect Hornqvist to be close as he took warmups before game 2 before being scratched, and did a lot of skating and edge work before game 3 (although with pain). Maybe Hornqvist rests/heals until last night's lineup shows a need for a change? Just my guesses.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Great58 on Sat May 20, 2017 8:51 pm

NHL.com suggest all Rust, Hornqvist, Schultz and even Kuhnhackl are close, although it seems to base it on Sullivan's declaration of them being "day-to-day" rather than any specific developments.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Durbano on Sat May 20, 2017 9:25 pm

From DK: "To some of the earlier comments about the defense, all I’ll say is this: Schultz struck Josh and me as being in a really, really good place after the game last night. We’ll see."
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Sat May 20, 2017 9:53 pm

NHL Network just talked about Pens being down a dman and possibly Streit rejoining the lineup. Also hinted at Rust getting back in.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Sun May 21, 2017 7:59 am

If only there was already a thread actively discussing Penguin injuries... If only...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Sun May 21, 2017 8:18 am

Is the whole no flying thing even sound medical advice on concussions today?

With Rust, he could be fine like Sid and Sheary were but they are going through the proper protocols. I would not be suspended to see him in full contact if there's a morning skate today.

Really hoping Schultz is back, if not him then play Waraofsky. He was playing great for WBS down the stretch and has the speed to handle their offense. I want no part of Striet, Pouliot or Gaunce right. Ow.

If Rust or Hornqvist are ready, everyone agree Sheary sits?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KG on Sun May 21, 2017 8:36 am

DelPen wrote:Is the whole no flying thing even sound medical advice on concussions today?

With Rust, he could be fine like Sid and Sheary were but they are going through the proper protocols. I would not be suspended to see him in full contact if there's a morning skate today.

Really hoping Schultz is back, if not him then play Waraofsky. He was playing great for WBS down the stretch and has the speed to handle their offense. I want no part of Striet, Pouliot or Gaunce right. Ow.

Yeah I don't see Wilson or Rowney sitting. Sheary would be the odd man out if Hornqvist/Rust are back. Hopefully Schultz is back. The d core is getting tested big time lately!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Puck-Lurker on Sun May 21, 2017 8:44 am

DelPen wrote:Is the whole no flying thing even sound medical advice on concussions today?

There's no way I see Sully play Warsofsky. He'll go with Streit if he needs a sixth D.

When being asked directly about Schultz being "possible" in game 5, he gave the usual "day-to-day", he's possible routine. Body language told me Sully think Schultz isn't ready yet.

I don't think Rust, Hörnqvist and Kühnhackl are ready either. Sheary's the odd man out right now though. If he's remotely injured, consider scratching for any of the black aces.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FLPensFan on Sun May 21, 2017 8:46 am

Puck-Lurker wrote:

There's no way I see Sully play Warsofsky. He'll go with Streit if he needs a sixth D.

When being asked directly about Schultz being "possible" in game 5, he gave the usual "day-to-day", he's possible routine. Body language told me Sully think Schultz isn't ready yet.

I don't think Rust, Hörnqvist and Kühnhackl are ready either. Sheary's the odd man out right now though. If he's remotely injured, consider scratching for any of the black aces.

Rust skated in full gear the other day, while Hornqvist was in tracksuit only, and Schultz skated before anyone else. I still seem to think Rust is the closest.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FLPensFan on Sun May 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Ruhwedel and Kuhnhackl are out. Sullivan lists Hornqvist, Rust, and Schultz as game-time decisions for today.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DelPen on Sun May 21, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm sure Wilson will be out now with a concussion with that cowardly elbow by Wingles
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jim on Sun May 21, 2017 5:57 pm

I suppose we will see if the League has any balls and hand Wingles a game or two.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Jim wrote:I suppose we will see if the League has any balls and hand Wingles a game or two.

Making assumptions you already know the answer to...
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Steve Dave on Sun May 21, 2017 6:09 pm

DelPen wrote:I'm sure Wilson will be out now with a concussion with that cowardly elbow by Wingles

How bad was it? I was working.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Weegie on Sun May 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Steve Dave wrote:
DelPen wrote:I'm sure Wilson will be out now with a concussion with that cowardly elbow by Wingles

Cheap shot, elbow to the head with about 5 seconds left if that, Wilson immediately walked down the runway to the dressing room.
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Hugo Stiglitz on Sun May 21, 2017 6:14 pm

I think he went down the runway because he might have been bleeding or some other kind of facial issue. My guess is no concussion.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Sun May 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Had any team ever in the playoffs had three guys in three straight games taken out with head shots and the league doesn't even bat an eye?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve Dave on Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Weegie wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:

Cheap shot, elbow to the head with about 5 seconds left if that, Wilson immediately walked down the runway to the dressing room.

Just saw it, how could Pilsbury say that's not deserving of a suspension???
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby thehockeyguru on Sun May 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Steve Dave wrote:
Weegie wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:

He said, "It was an elbow to the head but he really didn't follow through."
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Weegie on Sun May 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Steve Dave wrote:
Weegie wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:

He's a Boston Bruin? 8-)
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Southern Fan on Sun May 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Wingels is a nobody #13 forward. That's an easy call for Quintal to get control. He leaves it go, it will get worse and somebody more important to a team will be the offender and the victim. (I know, it's already happened)

Guessing Wilson is being blamed for Karlsson leaving. The Wingels hIt was pretty egregious. Nothing to do with hockey.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Sun May 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Weegie wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:
Weegie wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:

He's a Boston Bruin? 8-)

Who throws a shoe? Seriosuly, that really hurt.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins