Penguins Sign Forward Matt D’Agostini

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Penguins Sign Forward Matt D’Agostini

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Pens4Life wrote:But Shero needs to upgrade bottom six sooner or later,because lineup of (except Sutter and Bennett) D'Agostini, Jeffrey, Zolnierczyk,
Adams, Vitale, Glass in bottom lines is awful to me,too small,no grit,almost no physicality..

Zolniercyzk, Vitale, Glass, and somewhat Adams are all guys that basically make their careers on grit and physicality.

They're definitely not scorers or playmakers. Not sure what games you watch, but the above mentioned make their living solely on physical play and grit.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:But Shero needs to upgrade bottom six sooner or later,because lineup of (except Sutter and Bennett) D'Agostini, Jeffrey, Zolnierczyk,
Adams, Vitale, Glass in bottom lines is awful to me,too small,no grit,almost no physicality..

This team is plenty physical. Besides, wasn't Chicago nearly last in hits last year?

Agreed. But the east is a much more physical/fighting conference during the regular season then the west. Shero knows he needs to add grit. I expect the Niskanen move will address this sooner then later...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:42 pm

KG wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:

This team is plenty physical. Besides, wasn't Chicago nearly last in hits last year?

Agreed. But the east is a much more physical/fighting conference during the regular season then the west. Shero knows he needs to add grit. I expect the Niskanen move will address this sooner then later...

Niskanen or Orpik move. Many would be happy to see Orpik moved, but I'd like to see him retire a Penguin.

Man, I would have liked Clutterbuck.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins