Bylsma To Coach Team USA in Sochi

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Bylsma To Coach Team USA in Sochi

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:43 pm

IanMoran wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:Not to excuse what happend in the playoffs (that was inexcusable on all fronts)--but Bylsma might have one of the best coaching resume's in the league and he's only 42.

Jack Adams, Stanley Cup, fastest in the history of the NHL to 200 wins (which says a lot about the team and not as much about DB, I think)--pretty amazing. I just think it might be getting to a point where it's just not a good fit any more, I think he will still have a very successful coaching career regardless.

Good luck to him in Sochi, he needs all the experience he can get.

Look at what he has to work with though

Very true--which is why I prefaced the wins record with the point that it has much more to do with the team than who's in charge, but still...Crosby and/or Malkin have missed a significant portion of that time and we did just fine...except for when it mattered most of course...
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 pm

SolidSnake wrote:How long till we hear, "We didn't get to our game" for Team USA

LMAO I told my friend the same thing!

Actually, I wanted Torts to get it, soley for the potential of him starting an international incident.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:08 pm

Bylsma is perfect for the Olympic tournament. No series, no long term gameplay.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SoCalPenguin on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:25 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:How long till we hear, "We didn't get to our game" for Team USA

LMAO I told my friend the same thing!

Actually, I wanted Torts to get it, soley for the potential of him starting an international incident.

Yeah that would have been great.

My guys have to share rooms? what kind of a joke is this. Where is the hospitality here? the Russians are a disgrace and Putin is a *****bag. Go ahead and print that Brooksie.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Firebird on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Where have I been? Why on God's green earth is Don Waddell is Pittsburgh scout?
Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:08 pm

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 1h Best bet is that Olympic announcement will be around July 11th...NHL schedule on July 17th.

Is there really any doubt that the NHL doesn't participate in the winter olympics?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Kaizer wrote:I don't care who's coaching, as long as they beat crysby this time.

I can't stand that diving, whining hoser.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Candleonwater on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Anyone know if DB will be at the "2013 US Men's National Team Orientation Camp" that's schedule to be held at the Capitals practice rink in August?

My daughter was SO excited to hear this camp was going to be local... only to have me CRUSH her joy... by pointing out... she won't be here that week... Disco Dan or Cape Hatteras... tough decision!!!!!!?????
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Candleonwater wrote:Anyone know if DB will be at the "2013 US Men's National Team Orientation Camp" that's schedule to be held at the Capitals practice rink in August?

My daughter was SO excited to hear this camp was going to be local... only to have me CRUSH her joy... by pointing out... she won't be here that week... Disco Dan or Cape Hatteras... tough decision!!!!!!?????

Nope, that's cancelled. Dan Bylsma made it an optional practice.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Candleonwater on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Too funny!!!

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
Candleonwater wrote:Anyone know if DB will be at the "2013 US Men's National Team Orientation Camp" that's schedule to be held at the Capitals practice rink in August?

Nope, that's cancelled. Dan Bylsma made it an optional practice.
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Candleonwater on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Any one know the details of this camp? Have they resolved the issue of insurance, and will they actually skate at the camp? Asked at the rink yesterday and the only thing they could tell me so far is that Team USA has ice time on 8/25 at the crack of dawn... (7:40)?

Just returned from a 24 hour turn around trip to Pittsburgh... felt withdrawal symptoms driving down 5th... and walking around the Duquesne campus, when we would catch glimpses of Consol.
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby darkstar57 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:36 am

Candleonwater wrote:Any one know the details of this camp? Have they resolved the issue of insurance, and will they actually skate at the camp? Asked at the rink yesterday and the only thing they could tell me so far is that Team USA has ice time on 8/25 at the crack of dawn... (7:40)?

Just returned from a 24 hour turn around trip to Pittsburgh... felt withdrawal symptoms driving down 5th... and walking around the Duquesne campus, when we would catch glimpses of Consol.

USA Hockey plans to conduct an orientation camp the last week of August in Arlington, Va., at Kettler Çapitals IcePlex, the practice facility of the NHL's Washington Capitals. The camp will feature the top men's players in the United States.

Typically camps are like 2-3 weeks before the start of NHL camp, they try and not mess with the players off season programs as much as possible
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins