Letang Extended; 8 years 7.25mm, Limited no trade (15 teams)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

If true:

Let him walk after next season and take a final run with him as #1 Dman
5%
Sign him and Malkin, rest of the roster be damned
5%
Sign him and trade Malkin/let Malkin walk
No votes
Trade Letang at draft/before season starts
83%
Shut up NAN
7%

Total votes : 243

Re: Letang Extended? 8 years 7.25mm, Limited no trade (15 te

Postby Eismann on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Wjsan wrote:Chelios is available if we need him, LOL

F u, Chelios.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Boogeyman wrote:During the Bylsma extension press conference Shero basically all but said that they are content with a successful regular season team, who will obviously gain a playoff birth. I'm not sure if he meant to give that notion or not. It did however come off as a consultation in brand marketing and profitability.

In other words, Dan Bylsma and Marc Andre Fleury are regular season juggernauts. Crosby and Malkin will fill the arena. People will still buy into it regardless if we have astronomical failures in the playoffs. Money will be made. All is well. If we win a cup in the process, cool.

lol
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Dump Adams, Dupuis, and maybe even Cooke as well. Let some younger guys fill those roles.

Trade Nisky for a winger.

Let Doumoulin, Maatta, Harington, Pouliot, and Bortuzzo battle it out in training camp and have the best two guys round out your bottom pairing.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 pm

2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot or 1/2 large carrot, finely chopped
1 small stalk of celery, including the green tops, finely chopped
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes, including the juice, or 1 3/4 pound of fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 teaspoon tomato paste
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a large wide skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrot, celery and parsley. Stir to coat. Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are softened and cooked through.

Remove cover and add the minced garlic. Increase the heat to medium high. Cook for garlic for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, including the juice and shredding them with your fingers if you are using canned whole tomatoes. Add the tomato paste and the basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook, uncovered until thickened, about 15 minutes. If you want you can push the sauce through a food mill, or blend it with an immersion blender, to give it a smooth consistency.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:39 pm

What time is dinner?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby topshelf on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:During the Bylsma extension press conference Shero basically all but said that they are content with a successful regular season team, who will obviously gain a playoff birth. I'm not sure if he meant to give that notion or not. It did however come off as a consultation in brand marketing and profitability.

In other words, Dan Bylsma and Marc Andre Fleury are regular season juggernauts. Crosby and Malkin will fill the arena. People will still buy into it regardless if we have astronomical failures in the playoffs. Money will be made. All is well. If we win a cup in the process, cool.

lol

This is Shero's exact quote:

“I’m trying to make sure we’re a team that our city is proud of, an entertaining hockey team that can compete for the Stanley Cup and put ourselves in that position every year,” Shero said. “That’s our goal moving forward.”

I don't care if you hate everything the guy's ever done, but don't resort to making up quotes or statements to support you ideas.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:00 pm

The goal of a sports team should be to be entertaining. They aren't curing cancer. This is a game that people watch because it is entertaining.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Boogeyman wrote:3/4 are twinks though, they should be on twink deals.

:pop:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:04 pm

There was nothing wrong with what he said. If anything, it was a shot at the trapping dingleberries that just try to win, even if it means a brand of hockey that resembles activity time at the senior center. Trap hockey isn't fun...no matter the outcome. Its crap
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:05 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:3/4 are twinks though, they should be on twink deals.

:pop:

You can stop by the TLA video store in Philly and find out more about, shad. :pop:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Boogeyman on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 pm

topshelf wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

lol

This is Shero's exact quote:

“I’m trying to make sure we’re a team that our city is proud of, an entertaining hockey team that can competes for the Stanley Cup and put ourselves in that position every year,” Shero said. “That’s our goal moving forward.”

I don't care if you hate everything the guy's ever done, but don't resort to making up quotes or statements to support you ideas.

You mad?

A team entering game 1 of the first round is a team that "can compete for the Stanley Cup", yes? You're being the kind of over dramatic you're accusing me of being.

Also, Where did I quote him? Better yet, don't even respond, go lick your Shero poster.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:12 pm

oy...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby HockeyBurgh on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:14 pm

There's a Shero poster available?
HockeyBurgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby penny lane on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Gaucho wrote:oy...

what's for dessert ? :pop:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby topshelf on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Boogeyman wrote:You mad?

Ateam entering game 1 of the first round is a team that "can compete for the Stanley Cup", yes? You're being the kind of over dramatic you're accusing me of being.

Also, Where did I quote him? Better yet, don't even respond, go lick your Shero poster.

LOL...

Boogeyman wrote:During the Bylsma extension press conference Shero basically all but said that they are content with a successful regular season team...

Ray Shero wrote:I’m trying to make sure we’re a team that our city is proud of, an entertaining hockey team that can compete for the Stanley Cup...

Two completely different quotes, and one from a credible source: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=673765

BTW... where can I find a Shero poster? eBay?
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Boogeyman on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:20 pm

canaan wrote:There was nothing wrong with what he said. If anything, it was a shot at the trapping dingleberries that just try to win, even if it means a brand of hockey that resembles activity time at the senior center. Trap hockey isn't fun...no matter the outcome. Its crap

No it wasn't. He went corporate Ray and resorted to discussing how entertaining the team is and how they field a competitor in the aftermath of the most embarrassing playoff losses in franchise history. That says it all.

Furthermore, he signed the guy solely responsible for it to an extension. It's a country club people. I know that hurts your feelings because you have this image in your mind that Mario is the savior who only cares about wining but let's face it, that new 20 million dollar ski chalet in Quebec isn't going to pat for itself.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:22 pm

penny lane wrote:
Gaucho wrote:oy...

what's for dessert ? :pop:

568ml pot double cream
250g tub mascarpone
75ml marsala
5 tbsp golden caster sugar
300ml strong coffee, made with 2 tbsp coffee granules and 300ml boiling water
175g pack sponge fingers
25g chunk dark chocolate
2 tsp cocoa powder

Put the cream, mascarpone, Marsala and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until the cream and mascarpone have completely combined and have the consistency of thickly whipped cream.

Get your serving dish ready. Put the coffee into a shallow dish and dip in a few sponge fingers at a time, turning for a few secs until they are nicely soaked, but not soggy. Layer these into your dish until you have used half the biscuits, then spread over half of the creamy mixture. Using the coarse side of the grater, grate over most of the chocolate. Then repeat the layers (you should use up all the coffee), finishing with the creamy layer.

Cover and chill for a few hrs or overnight. This can now be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days. To serve, dust with cocoa powder and grate over the remainder of the chocolate.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Boogeyman wrote:
canaan wrote:There was nothing wrong with what he said. If anything, it was a shot at the trapping dingleberries that just try to win, even if it means a brand of hockey that resembles activity time at the senior center. Trap hockey isn't fun...no matter the outcome. Its crap

No it wasn't. He went corporate Ray and resorted to discussing how entertaining the team is and how they field a competitor in the aftermath of the most embarrassing playoff losses in franchise history. That says it all.

Furthermore, he signed the guy solely responsible for it to an extension. It's a country club people. I know that hurts your feelings because you have this image in your mind that Mario is the savior who only cares about wining but let's face it, that new 20 million dollar ski chalet in Quebec isn't going to pat for itself.

wat. The easiest way to make money is to win...I'm not understanding your point here. Just because its a secondary goal of the franchise to play an exciting brand of hockey they can't win...?
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby topshelf on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Boogeyman wrote:During the Bylsma extension press conference Shero basically all but said that they are content with a successful regular season team

Boogeyman wrote:He went corporate Ray and resorted to discussing how entertaining the team is and how they field a competitor

You're changing your stance now.

I found my poster, btw:

Do you think Kinko's will print it for me?
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Boogeyman on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:26 pm

topshelf wrote:

Ateam entering game 1 of the first round is a team that "can compete for the Stanley Cup", yes? You're being the kind of over dramatic you're accusing me of being.

LOL...

Boogeyman wrote:During the Bylsma extension press conference Shero basically all but said that they are content with a successful regular season team...

Ray Shero wrote:I’m trying to make sure we’re a team that our city is proud of, an entertaining hockey team that can compete for the Stanley Cup...

Two completely different quotes, and one from a credible source: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=673765

There's more to his press conference. You are also leaving out part of my post where I say they will obviously make the playoffs.

You tell me, you're the one who's panties twisted up, set themselves a blaze, crawled up your snatch and blew back out as a result of a queef from the tension in your body after how high your blood pressure became when you read my assessment of Ray Shero's comment the other day.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby penny lane on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:26 pm

tiramisu~ fabulous! :thumb: I'll take a hunk ;)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:28 pm

penny lane wrote:tiramisu~ fabulous! :thumb: I'll take a hunk ;)

Pro tip: use kefir instead of mascarpone and you can take two hunks. :wink:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Boogeyman on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 pm

topshelf wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:During the Bylsma extension press conference Shero basically all but said that they are content with a successful regular season team

Boogeyman wrote:He went corporate Ray and resorted to discussing how entertaining the team is and how they field a competitor

You're changing your stance now.

I found my poster, btw:

Do you think Kinko's will print it for me?

You are trying too hard.

You were also pretty quick to throw up this pic, fap folder?
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby NeddieVedder on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Boogeyman wrote:
topshelf wrote:

LOL...

There's more to his press conference. You are also leaving out part of my post where I say they will obviously make the playoffs.

You tell me, you're the one who's panties twisted up, set themselves a blaze, crawled up your snatch and blew back out as a result of a queef from the tension in your body after how high your blood pressure became when you read my assessment of Ray Shero's comment the other day.

How could someone who can melt down like this at the drop of a hat be against keeping Letang.
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby columbia on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Boogeyman wrote:
topshelf wrote:

LOL...

We're all concerned about their future....but no need to panic to this extent.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins