1) I don't see how Bylsma can keep his job. 4 playoff exits since the Cup, two of them 1st round exits and only one trip the ECF with a roster like the Pens? He's gone. Mark it down.
2) Fleury....gone. They will make all attempts to trade. Maybe a Miller/Fleury swap, maybe for a team with a dman in a similar situation, but they will attempt trade him and if not, a buyout wouldn't shock me. I think a buyout will be a super last resort and not without them having another goalie wrapped up. Spending $5M a Fleury to have Vokoun carry us to the ECF? No way hoe-zay. With the exception of game 1, Vokoun was Phenomenal for us and shows Shero and the rest of the organization they can spend less money for better goaltending.
3) Dupuis and Cook will be re-sign and I project Dupuis will make either $3M for two years or $2.5 for three years. Cooke, 3 years/$2.3M
4) Part A) Malkin will NEVER be traded for one reason: Sidney Crosby. With Sid's health-risks, there's no way Malkin gets traded. Malkin is the greatest insurance policy in the game. If they Gino and Sid goes down, the Pens are back to square 1.
Part B) I don't see how Letang isn't moved this off-season. How Shero can justify giving Letang anywhere near his market value for the D that we have and the cost of losing multiple key parts to this team is beyond me. I just can't see it happening. I also don't see Shero holding on to Letang for his last year at the risk of losing him for nothing. Now is the best time to trade him.
If it were me, I'd offer him up as some sort of package to Colorado or Florida for their #1 Pick this year and hopefully they'd draft Nichushkin. Let me be clear, I still think Letang is one of the best dmen in the league, but clearly this team can't afford to take up a huge piece of cap space with one dman when our D is average with everyone we have now.
5) I think Kennedy gets traded, Morrow not re-signed, but I'm unsure what will happen with Iginla. I'm not against re-signing Iginla for the right money and if Bylsma is no longer the coach so he can't continue to mis-use him. I'm not sure if Jokinen will be traded or retained. I think it would be wise to re-sign Murray.
My notes: It's time to let Despres and Bortuzzo come in full-time. They're not going to develop any better if they don't actually get real time. I think both will be very good. I think the Penguins should trade Letang and Engellend. Go into next season with Martin, Orpik, Despres, Bortuzzo, Murray, Engellend and try to sign one more Dman. There are some really solid middle-rung dmen in the UFA pool this year. That may not look like the greatest d-core, but no matter what anyone says I like our Defensemen and I really believe they need a coach will get them in a real system and they'd be perfectly solid.
I think Bennett should be up full-time. I'd be fine with him playing on the third line with Cooke and Sutter.
I'd buyout Fleury and go after Backstrom or trade him for Miller
Fire Bylsma and sign Ruff.
There's my 2 cents.