Thank You Pittsburgh Penguins

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Thank You Pittsburgh Penguins

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 pm

E-Ramone wrote:Well, we're at least one of the four best teams in the league this year. Not bad, but we have high expectations and there's nothing wrong with that. Hopefully adjustments are made this summer to make us better.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA oh yes, because this team is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good at making "adjustments"...............lollololololololololololololo
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:01 pm

I guess making the conf finals is only a disappointment when just about everyone picks you to win it all.

And it gets worse. Now we get to pay for the playoff rentals we paid so dearly to lose with.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:01 pm

RentedMule66 wrote:
E-Ramone wrote:Well, we're at least one of the four best teams in the league this year. Not bad, but we have high expectations and there's nothing wrong with that. Hopefully adjustments are made this summer to make us better.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA oh yes, because this team is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good at making "adjustments"...............lollololololololololololololo

go to bed dude. What's the point of these posts? You're acting like a child
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Getting To My Game on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:03 pm

When I think about the 2013 Pens season, I won't think about one of the most crushing and embarrassing losses in franchise history, I'll think about that great game against the Devils that one time.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Avyran on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:03 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:I guess making the conf finals is only a disappointment when just about everyone picks you to win it all.

And it gets worse. Now we get to pay for the playoff rentals we paid so dearly to lose with.

Only one signed for past this year is Jokinen...

Only big-time prospect we lost was Joe Morrow, I think. The draft picks kinda suck though.

Also, a big, big thanks to Vokoun. He played out of his mind this postseason, especially in this series.
Avyran
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 pm

doesnt make sense how anyone could say this was a great season after having some of the best players in the game and getting swept in the ECF. Pathetic what a wasted season
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 pm

canaan wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:

The point of these posts is a pissed off fan.....better tell 75% of the board to go to bed then, because I'm not the only unhappy camper here...
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby profpolisci on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 pm

I hope Sid is ok. God willing and the creeks don't rise I'll get to watch them in October.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Very serious...love my team.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:05 pm

RentedMule66 wrote:
canaan wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:

The point of these posts is a pissed off fan.....better tell 75% of the board to go to bed then, because I'm not the only unhappy camper here...

Your schtick is tired. Everyone here is disappointed but quoting others posts and mocking them is just silliness.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby E-Ramone on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:07 pm

RentedMule66 wrote:
canaan wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, man. I'm pretty pissed off with what I've seen too. I'm just an eternal fan, I guess.
E-Ramone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm glad it's all over and thanks for a great season but not for that series.

Still a lot of fun and now all these d-bags from out of the woodwork can return from whence they came.

See you in the Fall Pens.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby canaan on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:08 pm

nocera wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
canaan wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:

Your schtick is tired. Everyone here is disappointed but quoting others posts and mocking them is just silliness.

bingo. Its infantile behavior. Learn to control your emotions. You're like a spurned preteen.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tyler Durden on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:09 pm

You want perspective? This roster was constructed to win a Cup this season. Starting with the signing of Vokoun and all the other roster moves that were subsequently made. Mario and Ron Burkle made a huge financial commitment to WIN the Cup, not to get bounced and humiliated in the ECF. If I want a moral victory, I'll look for the Pirates to break their losing streak. The Penguins have a higher standard and SHOULD have a higher standard.
Tyler Durden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:You want perspective? This roster was constructed to win a Cup this season. Starting with the signing of Vokoun and all the other roster moves that were subsequently made. Mario and Ron Burkle made a huge financial commitment to WIN the Cup, not to get bounced and humiliated in the ECF. If I want a moral victory, I'll look for the Pirates to break their losing streak. The Penguins have a higher standard and SHOULD have a higher standard.

It was constructed the Hossa season too and we lost. The next year, we won without him. Unbunch your unmentionables.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:11 pm

I still think it was a great season. Just not a good ending.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:11 pm

good streak in the reg season. won a few exciting games. most fun team to watch in the NHL until a week ago
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby topshelf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:13 pm

canaan wrote:
drnort wrote:The Penguins made the Final Four. Someday, Pittsburgh sports fans will realize how difficult it is to win championships.

Great season, Pens!

well said.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby topshelf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:13 pm

There are 26 other teams in the NHL that would have been happy losing where we did.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tyler Durden on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:16 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:You want perspective? This roster was constructed to win a Cup this season. Starting with the signing of Vokoun and all the other roster moves that were subsequently made. Mario and Ron Burkle made a huge financial commitment to WIN the Cup, not to get bounced and humiliated in the ECF. If I want a moral victory, I'll look for the Pirates to break their losing streak. The Penguins have a higher standard and SHOULD have a higher standard.

It was constructed the Hossa season too and we lost. The next year, we won without him. Unbunch your unmentionables.

It was a partial season but your point is taken.
Tyler Durden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Tyler Durden on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:17 pm

topshelf wrote:There are 26 other teams in the NHL that would have been happy losing where we did.

And there are probably only two teams that would have been disappointed losing where we did -- the Blackhawks and us. Can't be content with giving the old college try and coming up short. The goal should always be to finish the (post)season on a win.
Tyler Durden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby topshelf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:

It was a partial season but your point is taken.

LOL... You back your argument up with the fact that "it's a partial season"? The Pens play to win every year, and it is damned hard to do so. Be glad you've recently decided to follow a competitive team.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:19 pm

I've been a fan long enough to have perspective, but I still need a hug.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pens2005 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:20 pm

DMcGrew wrote:Ran into a team playing insane defense and and even more insane goaltender. Rough way to go out.. but I don't think we played horribly. Had so many chances to win game 1, 3, and 4.

We are always running into the "hot" team.

I think that means you suck.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby topshelf on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
topshelf wrote:There are 26 other teams in the NHL that would have been happy losing where we did.

And there are probably only two teams that would have been disappointed losing where we did -- the Blackhawks and us. Can't be content with giving the old college try and coming up short. The goal should always be to finish the (post)season on a win.

Again, you act as if we should be rattling off Stanley Cup Championships. We aren't the Oilers of the 80's. Things have changed. I'm glad that we're competitive and I'm hopeful that we'll be winning another Cup soon.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins