Pens, Flyers discussing game at Penn State's Beaver Stadium

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens, Flyers discussing game at Penn State's Beaver Stad

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:23 pm

jamespensfan wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:
jamespensfan wrote:Im tired of these games. But I TOTALLY disagree with the site of this proposed game. Why should the Pens or the Flyers give the huge ecomomic benefits of hosting this game to a non-HNL site? I think that the primary markets should enjoy the benefits of these games. Either Pittsburgh or Philadelphia. I don't give a darm about the giving huge economic boosts to State College, or Ann Arbor for that mattter.

The Pens' market through the midstate has picked up substantially over the past few years. The same could be said about the opposite of your sentiment: Ya'll get the home games, and some of us just can't find the time to drive 7 hours in a day to get to either venue.

I am glad you are a fan. I understand it is inconvinent to get to games and drive a great distance. I just believe that the people of NHL markets deserve these HUGE economic benefits first before non-NHL markets.

Understandable, and I feel like a game like this is more to the NHL's benefit than the specific teams and cities, simply because you put something like that in an area of expansion and their viewership and sales also get a boost from people that may be teetering on fandom or perhaps never had that big event to push them over the edge. Just another PR move from the NHL I'd say.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:56 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:Beaver Stadium holds roughly 5.5X the number of fans that Consol does. I can't even imagine 50,000 fans from both teams...it would be pretty epic.

Is the economic impact really THAT substantial? I can't imagine it being any more/less than any other football weekend aside from maybe ticket prices...

I would plan a few days in State College around this event. Zeno's and Waffle Shop would be impacted by me personally.

I have seen the line to the Waffle Shop rival that of the creamery's on some game days. Good luck, you will need it haha.

Go to the one on Atherton, and get there at 8... :fist:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby PhantomJB93 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:06 pm

canaan wrote:this has been mentioned many years ago. not as exciting as it once could've been

watereddownevents

Yeah if this happened three years ago it would have been amazing, now that half the league is getting outdoor games it's just not special enough to get excited over
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby rgj on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:07 pm

I vote NO.
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins