Everyone wants to fire Disco Dan

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Everyone wants to fire Disco Dan

Postby owtahear on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 am

When are yinz going to hold your beloved players accountable? Starting with the #1 player in the world. I love Sid, but this could be another playoff meltdown. He is supposed to be the best player in the world and the leader and he is not doing it either by example or by will. Geno. Everyone loves Geno. Again, just a no show when the chips are down. Letang. He giveth and he taketh 2 a way. That is Bylsma's fault? The Franchise Goalie, who since 2009 has the worst post season save percentage and GAA than any other goalie during this time frame, and it is not close.

Iggy. Morrow. Where are their leadership?

My biggest complaint with Bylsma is not playing Iginla where he should and his penchance for inserting Derek Engelland in (I dunno why). Oh yeah, and there was that power play at the end of the Ottawa game but......

His stars, who he gives free will are letting him down. Maybe they need a Torts in here to kick their asses. But Sid, you got to get your head out of yours, because every snipe, snide comment and hate Crosby fan is getting tons of ammo in this series. It is time to shut up and put up.
owtahear
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Everyone wants to fire Disco Dan

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:43 am

I disagree with the thread title. Everyone doesn't want to fire Bylsma. I think thats a problem, everyone should want him fired.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Penspal on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:44 am

Disco sucks, but HCDB is a good guy, and he's got a good coaching staff. He'll have them ready for tonight.

The internet is a place where anonymous people go to vent, don't sweat it bro, feel the Pens love on this board, ignore the hate!

Let's Go Pens!
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pfim on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:44 am

Easier to fire one problem than 23.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:47 am

Gotta reserve judgment until this series is over. If the Pens lose, and lose playing the way they have been, then absolutely you fire him.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rocco on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:54 am

Bylsma's job is to coach the team into a coherent, cohesive unit. That isn't happening.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 am

owtahear wrote:When are yinz going to hold your beloved players accountable?

It's not our job to hold the players accountable, it's the coach. That's not happening.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:36 am

So much so, that we now have two threads about it.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Take the Body Shoot the Puck on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:42 am

The original post is kind of taken in a vacuum as it does not address the team melt down last year or the playoff failures before that. Blame lies with the coach AND the players here, but as the coach and leader, he is therefore responsible for everything his team does and fails to do. The Penguins stars have been abysmal so far this series and no one can dispute that, but over the last several years many players have come and gone yet we're still seeing the same issues with this team. That points to coaching.
Take the Body Shoot the Puck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:07 am

Good, I hope it's a witch hunt
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby thepittman on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:09 am

owtahear wrote:When are yinz going to hold your beloved players accountable? Starting with the #1 player in the world. I love Sid, but this could be another playoff meltdown. He is supposed to be the best player in the world and the leader and he is not doing it either by example or by will. Geno. Everyone loves Geno. Again, just a no show when the chips are down. Letang. He giveth and he taketh 2 a way. That is Bylsma's fault? The Franchise Goalie, who since 2009 has the worst post season save percentage and GAA than any other goalie during this time frame, and it is not close.

Iggy. Morrow. Where are their leadership?

My biggest complaint with Bylsma is not playing Iginla where he should and his penchance for inserting Derek Engelland in (I dunno why). Oh yeah, and there was that power play at the end of the Ottawa game but......

His stars, who he gives free will are letting him down. Maybe they need a Torts in here to kick their asses. But Sid, you got to get your head out of yours, because every snipe, snide comment and hate Crosby fan is getting tons of ammo in this series. It is time to shut up and put up.

That is the coaches job bro, not the fans
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:24 am

DelPen wrote:

It's not our job to hold the players accountable, it's the coach. That's not happening.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:41 am

DelPen wrote:

This is the end of the argument, right here.
Crankshaft
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 am

I sometimes wish they had a coach or staff that could handle defensemen better. I love Bylsma, his demeanor especially, but I often worry how defensemen on this team get lost sometimes. Let's just say, for a moment, that the Pens had Randy Carlyle or Mike Babcock; would Letang's defensive game be where it is? Would Paul Martin have gone through the previous two years?
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Desiato on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:53 am

I just wish we'd wait until the discussion was relevant. Like when he's actually in a position to be fired. The roster is locked in, the staff is locked in; fans should be locked in too. We shouldn't be firing the coach or trading players while the Pens are still in the playoffs. It's bad form for a fan.

Whatever his shortcomings may be, HCDB is a bright guy. He and the players are more than capable of figuring this out yet.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ScottishPenguin on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Isn't that kinda the point? The players aren't being held accountable. When one player has a bad game, it's probably the player's fault. When everyone sucks, it's the coach.

This is not the only reason Abysmal needs to go away. His team selection is questionable, his system is dubious and he is too slow to adjust to what's going on around him. I would rather have Gordon Ramsay coaching the team. He would at least instill passion and discipline. He probably makes a decent borscht too.
ScottishPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
DelPen wrote:

I'm not sure why this really even needed to be said. It should have just been known lol.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Desiato on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
DelPen wrote:

I'm not sure why this really even needed to be said. It should have just been known lol.

Probably because so many people hold a goalie accountable for every error the Pens make through massive demoralization. Did you not hear that MAF is the reason the Pens lost Game 2? He's so bad, that the Pens defense literally falls apart around him. Poor guys. And poor DB for having to deal with that!
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Are you trying to make a point?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Are you trying to make a point?

Yea, his point is that everyone is at fault? Calling one negative to deflect off towards another negative?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bh on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I disagree with the thread title. Everyone doesn't want to fire Bylsma. I think thats a problem, everyone should want him fired.

:) :thumb:
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BigMcK on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Fire Giles Meloche!
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:22 pm

I have had enough of Dan, even if we make the finals or win the cup i would fire him. I made excuses for him the last years with the players we had hurt during the playoffs. There are no more excuses now.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:35 pm

I've never liked him. Even though he won the Cup, because I felt he benefited more from the "perfect storm" environment than any real coaching ability.

I despised him before it was cool to. I'm a hipster hater. 8-)
llipgh2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pressure=9Pa on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:12 pm

I don't despise him, even if it's become cool. I'll be ok if he's gone, but I'll hope he succeeds whereever he lands - and he will get another NHL job. Professional athletes tune out a coach after 3-5 seasons in most cases, and I think it's being shown that this was no exceptional circumstance.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins