Pens Points

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens Points

Postby JeffDFD on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Went to PensGear today and they were closed. I was passing through so no biggie, but boo hoo for me.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The Colonel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:21 pm

I went to Pensgear on July 1st, and they had hoodies under the counter, so I know they still have those, and the jerseys were stocked up very well...no issues there. Got my daughter the jersey she wanted. Dont worry about a depleated stock. This was a good program...can't wait to see how they do it, and the prizes next season.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The Colonel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Also, I am willing to bet Pensgear is open on the 14th for the summer season ticket holder skate. So you could probably get the stuff then too. They would be foolish to have the STH's there and not have Pensgear open. I will go in to see if they have any more clearence items.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The Colonel on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:36 pm

By the way...not to rub all your noses in it...but I am tied for 1st place for the month on the Penspoints app. Hahahaha
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:26 pm

The Colonel wrote:Also, I am willing to bet Pensgear is open on the 14th for the summer season ticket holder skate. So you could probably get the stuff then too. They would be foolish to have the STH's there and not have Pensgear open. I will go in to see if they have any more clearence items.

OR They were closed for the holiday and will re-open on Monday.

Consol Energy Center
Thursday via mobile

CONSOL Energy Center is closed until Monday, July 8 in honor of the holiday. Happy Independence Day!
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Candleonwater on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Anyone not get their last coupon? I think mine should have been the name t-shirt... haven't seen it yet.
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PAPLine on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:43 pm

I'm waiting for my hoodie that I earned May 30. Since the program ended June 30, I'm guessing they waited to make one final distribution, and with Independence Day they will probably send them out this week. If I remember, you can redeem the coupons until the end of August..
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The Colonel on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:25 am

I think I have a couple more pop vouhers coming, so they may be sending all the rest at one time. If not here in the next couple weeks though, if I were you guys, I would call or email and find out.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sj? on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:48 pm

I unlocked the name & number t on May 24th & still haven't received my voucher :(
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:49 pm

sj? wrote:I unlocked the name & number t on May 24th & still haven't received my voucher :(

Same thing happened to me. I called and they said they'd resend. I have yet to get it.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Me909388 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 pm

They said on twitter the last batch will be sent out first week of july. so we might get them sometime this week.

Edit 7/12/13

I received the last of my pop vouchers and my hoodie voucher today.
Me909388

Postby JeffDFD on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Yup, got everything they owed me today.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby atkearns on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:05 am

got my last 7ups and hoodie vouchers today. pretty sweet. i will definitely be doing this next year right from the beginning of the season.
atkearns
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Beech_is_God on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Got the 7up but not the name tshirt one. I'll have to contact them if it doesn't come by next week I guess.
Beech_is_God
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sj? on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:15 pm

I got all that was owed to me this past Saturday .. 2 pop vouchers & a name & number t voucher.. going to CEC later this week .. :fist:
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Went to PensGear and got EVERYTHING (I already got the "great day for hockey" shirt though). That was fun.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Candleonwater on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:37 am

Got my last postcard - for name shirt. Thinking about taking a weekend to spend in PA, anything I should know before coming up? Are there days PensGear aren't open? Where do I park for this visit? What doors do I enter - the ones by the Mario statue?

Advice for taking in a Pirates game while there? How about where to buy Pirates gear? My daughter went to the Pirates/Nationals game last night and wasn't happy that she had no Pirates gear to wear.

REALLY random question here - Daughter has to do an assignment over the summer... visit a historic site and write a paper... thinking about finding something in the Pittsburgh area, suggestions?
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby atkearns on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 am

Candleonwater wrote:Got my last postcard - for name shirt. Thinking about taking a weekend to spend in PA, anything I should know before coming up? Are there days PensGear aren't open? Where do I park for this visit? What doors do I enter - the ones by the Mario statue?

Advice for taking in a Pirates game while there? How about where to buy Pirates gear? My daughter went to the Pirates/Nationals game last night and wasn't happy that she had no Pirates gear to wear.

REALLY random question here - Daughter has to do an assignment over the summer... visit a historic site and write a paper... thinking about finding something in the Pittsburgh area, suggestions?

Here are the hours and lcoations for PensGear stores:
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63655
It might be easier to go to the Southside Works location if you're not familiar with the city.

The most historic building in Western PA is the Fort Pitt blockhosue. Not sure if you can go in the actual building or not, but you can visit it and there's a museum right next to it. More info here: http://www.heinzhistorycenter.org/secondary.aspx?id=296

Traffic warning: I think the Liberty Tunnel is going to be closed from July 26 - August 12 on the outbound side. Avoid going near it if possible!
atkearns
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Candleonwater on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:52 am

The card says "and is valid at the CONSOL Energy Center PensGear location inside the Trib Total Meda Gate only"... and yes, it does say Meda... I took that to mean I can only go there, but would much rather go to Southside. I know how to get to Consol... and that's it.

Which tunnel is Liberty?

atkearns wrote:Here are the hours and lcoations for PensGear stores:
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63655
It might be easier to go to the Southside Works location if you're not familiar with the city.

The most historic building in Western PA is the Fort Pitt blockhosue. Not sure if you can go in the actual building or not, but you can visit it and there's a museum right next to it. More info here: http://www.heinzhistorycenter.org/secondary.aspx?id=296

Traffic warning: I think the Liberty Tunnel is going to be closed from July 26 - August 12 on the outbound side. Avoid going near it if possible!
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The Colonel on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:57 am

I was biking with my kids on the bike trail on the southside, and we stopped to go into Pens Gear........awful in my opinion. I know the season is over, but they could have took all of the products, cut the store in half, and still had room for more stuff. If I were you, and the card says valid at consol....I would go there...especially if you are looking for something else too. The southside store had maybe about 10% of what is sold at Consol.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby atkearns on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:07 am

Oh good call. I didn't realize they had a poor selection there.
atkearns
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The Colonel on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 am

Haha...neither did I until I walked in the door. Not good at all.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Candleonwater on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:38 am

Yeah, but I just saw that the Consol hours are weekdays only... and only until 5.. would require taking a day off from work... hmmmm... maybe it will work?

Figured out what tunnel is Liberty - don't think I usually take that one. We tend to stay near the airport and cross the river at Sewickley?

We've given up on finding a store where we can redeem the sodas... but not giving up on this shirt!!! ;-)
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The Colonel on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:56 am

Given up? It is a manufacturers coupon....it should be good at any local store, gas station ect....anywhere..... that they sell the products. I don't think they can refuse a manufacturers coupon.
The Colonel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Candleonwater on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:19 pm

The cashiers always shake their heads and say, "no, we don't accept these". I've even asked for managers... same answer.
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins