2012 NHL Draft Pittsburgh Tickets

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2012 NHL Draft Pittsburgh Tickets

Postby penny lane on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 pm

I hope the penguin and flyer tables are not near each other.
I enjoyed my experience in the 90's, but I'll don't need to be at another one.

Welcome NHL world to Pittsburgh.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby drnort on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 pm

newerapens wrote:I hope the people that are selling these choke on their greed and the people paying for them are bored to death. Seriously I went in 1997 and if your not into prospects or know nothing it will be boring. It is sad people that want to go can't cause of the greed

I think too many people miss the fact the only reason tickets are available for sold out events is because of the ability to sell them at a higher price. In this case...at any price.

Personally, I planned on attending the draft. But if someone wants to pay me $200 for my 4 friday night tickets, I would be more than happy to stay home. But I am not giving them away for free, or selling them for $10 each, because I would rather go to the event.

Would those without tickets prefer that tickets are offered for a price, or would they prefer that tickets just arent offered?
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:32 pm

When I get free tickets, and can't use them, I give them away. I never even think about asking for $$.

That said, I'm not given mine away for the draft. Or selling. Sorry. I'm going.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newerapens on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Free tickets are offered so people attend not to make profit off a free event. So if their is a memorial service for a certain superstar and tickets are given out its ok to profit off it(ebay even has rules against it). Sorry if I don't want to go I don't get tickets so someone else has that chance that wants to go can. People are so greedy heck when I had season tickets I sold them for less then value and even gave some away for free. I never made a dime off my tickets which I had for 5 years. I prefer getting the same value and not getting ripped cause someone that doesn't feel like going and is only in it for the money thinks their worth is more then someone else.

You want to sell fine but why bother getting them in the first place if your so interested in selling them cause you want to profit and spend it for something else or bills. If you get them and sell them did you really have enough interest in the event to begin with?
newerapens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby knives of ice on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:54 pm

thank god people are selling them. if i really want to go to the event at this point it is the only way possible aside from begging on message boards. why do people care what others do with their tickets? sorry, there is a huge difference between a funeral and an event like the NHL draft. sellers provide a great service in that they give the opportunity to those who don't have tickets to actually go there is absolutely nothing wrong with selling anything if the buyer is happy to pay.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ossa on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:00 pm

drnort wrote:
newerapens wrote:I hope the people that are selling these choke on their greed and the people paying for them are bored to death. Seriously I went in 1997 and if your not into prospects or know nothing it will be boring. It is sad people that want to go can't cause of the greed

I think too many people miss the fact the only reason tickets are available for sold out events is because of the ability to sell them at a higher price. In this case...at any price.

Personally, I planned on attending the draft. But if someone wants to pay me $200 for my 4 friday night tickets, I would be more than happy to stay home. But I am not giving them away for free, or selling them for $10 each, because I would rather go to the event.

Would those without tickets prefer that tickets are offered for a price, or would they prefer that tickets just arent offered?

I feel the same way.

I was lucky enough to get six tickets for Friday night with the full intention of using everyone of them with my friends. My friends and I all went online at 10 AM and a few of us we were lucky enough to have gotten tickets so that we could all enjoy the event. My sole intention of getting the tickets was to go and use them, but unexpectedly since my other friends were able to get tickets I had a few extra and I sold them for a pretty penny. I'm a huge hockey fan, but to me the tickets aren't worth that much, maybe $20, but if the tickets are worth $100 to someone else and they want to go to the event more than I do, then I'll gladly give them my tickets since I'd rather have the extra cash.

It's basic supply and demand. I'm going on Friday and Saturday and I'm also happy someone else who really wants to go can use my tickets. I didn't force them to pay ridiculous prices to go the draft, they choose to. If the Penguins and/or the NHL had priced tickets at the market value, then the people who most wanted to go could go. But they didn't. imho, if someone values my tickets more than I do, then they can take them. I don't feel bad about getting some extra money when I'm a broke college student and my parents make close to minimum wage.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newerapens on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:14 pm

I hope all you have a free event that you all want to go to but all the people grabbed all the tickets so that they could sell them on ebay/craigslist etc(but I guess you people are the type that pay those gouging prices). Maybe people should live by their means of life instead of grabbing the biggest TV, the latest iphone, the latest gadget, the suv, and all the other latest fashions. No one is ever satisfied with what they have its always more more more and what they can sell to make more so they can get said stuff. I guess I am rare dying breed of a nice person not looking to make that quick buck. Have fun at the Draft or with your piles of cash
newerapens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby drnort on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:32 pm

newerapens wrote:Have fun with your piles of cash

Thanks!
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Man, can't help but thinking the people complaining about not getting free tickets are the same or on par with the people who complain about CEC.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 pm

I'd certainly sell a pair of those tickets to cover the electric bill.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:55 pm

drnort wrote:
JS© wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:Thats stupid that they do that.. Something is worth what people are willing to pay for it.

I won't argue that people will pay for it, but it is still illegal on ebay. If you want to move your free tickets, do it on craigslist or facebook.

Illegal is a pretty strong word. Its technically against ebays terms, but ebay also wants to make money.

The rules are meant to be broken and I cannot imagine them stepping in on the NHL draft.

No different than the people who sold the free tickets for JoePa's funeral.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby drnort on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:12 pm

JS© wrote:
drnort wrote:
JS© wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:Thats stupid that they do that.. Something is worth what people are willing to pay for it.

I won't argue that people will pay for it, but it is still illegal on ebay. If you want to move your free tickets, do it on craigslist or facebook.

Illegal is a pretty strong word. Its technically against ebays terms, but ebay also wants to make money.

The rules are meant to be broken and I cannot imagine them stepping in on the NHL draft.

No different than the people who sold the free tickets for JoePa's funeral.

According the rules, no. But there is a clear difference in the type of event, and its a lot less likely that ebay will feel the pressure to stop people from selling tickets to the draft.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby columbia on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm honestly surprised that the tickets are free, in the first place.
If you has asked me, I would have assumed at least $30.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:46 pm

newerapens wrote:Free tickets are offered so people attend not to make profit off a free event. So if their is a memorial service for a certain superstar and tickets are given out its ok to profit off it(ebay even has rules against it). Sorry if I don't want to go I don't get tickets so someone else has that chance that wants to go can. People are so greedy heck when I had season tickets I sold them for less then value and even gave some away for free. I never made a dime off my tickets which I had for 5 years. I prefer getting the same value and not getting ripped cause someone that doesn't feel like going and is only in it for the money thinks their worth is more then someone else.

You want to sell fine but why bother getting them in the first place if your so interested in selling them cause you want to profit and spend it for something else or bills. If you get them and sell them did you really have enough interest in the event to begin with?

This whole post , LOL. You answered your own question. Buy in the first place just to sell for profit to spend elsewhere, simple. Thats your fault for never making money off your tickets. If you can afford to do that, more power to ya buddy, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with selling excess tickets. It does suck that people buy event tickets all the time with the intention of just to sell for profit, but noone is holding a gun to anyones head to make them buy and its been going on for forever. If someone clicks the buy button they shouldnt feel like they got ripped off. These arn't a neccessity. You talk about cell phone and big screen TV and people living beyond their means.. well if these tickets they bought cause them financial burden then go preach to THEM! I paid 300 dollars per ticket to sit in the nosebleeds for the classic that I got off ebay from some Capitals fan, they were happy to sell, I was happy to buy, CAPITALISM!
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:49 pm

columbia wrote:I'm honestly surprised that the tickets are free, in the first place.

I believe I read all fans have to sit in the upper level. IN joe thornton's year in pgh, I think fans got to sit in some b sections and above ?
Maybe the trades from fri/sat will be bigger than the actual draft.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
newerapens wrote:Free tickets are offered so people attend not to make profit off a free event. So if their is a memorial service for a certain superstar and tickets are given out its ok to profit off it(ebay even has rules against it). Sorry if I don't want to go I don't get tickets so someone else has that chance that wants to go can. People are so greedy heck when I had season tickets I sold them for less then value and even gave some away for free. I never made a dime off my tickets which I had for 5 years. I prefer getting the same value and not getting ripped cause someone that doesn't feel like going and is only in it for the money thinks their worth is more then someone else.

This whole post , LOL. You answered your own question. Buy in the first place just to sell for profit to spend elsewhere, simple. Thats your fault for never making money off your tickets. If you can afford to do that, more power to ya buddy, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with selling excess tickets. It does suck that people buy event tickets all the time with the intention of just to sell for profit, but noone is holding a gun to anyones head to make them buy and its been going on for forever. If someone clicks the buy button they shouldnt feel like they got ripped off. These arn't a neccessity. You talk about cell phone and big screen TV and people living beyond their means.. well if these tickets they bought cause them financial burden then go preach to THEM! I paid 300 dollars per ticket to sit in the nosebleeds for the classic that I got off ebay from some Capitals fan, they were happy to sell, I was happy to buy, CAPITALISM!

So how much are you selling your tickets for? :pop:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:10 pm

penny lane wrote:
columbia wrote:I'm honestly surprised that the tickets are free, in the first place.

I believe I read all fans have to sit in the upper level. IN joe thornton's year in pgh, I think fans got to sit in some b sections and above ?
Maybe the trades from fri/sat will be bigger than the actual draft.

We are all in the upper bowl, all seats are general admission. For Friday night, gates open at 5pm, draft starts at 7pm.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Fire0nice228 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:59 pm

JS© wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:

I sold mine for 20 a piece for Saturday. Gonna use the money to pay my car insurance this month. If I had gotten them for Friday night I would have attended. I can't afford to pay the prices they are going at online for the first round, but you won't see me crying and whining about it; I'll just watch it on my 60inch TV.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby usahockeyteam1980 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Does anyone have an extra ticket or two for Friday? I wasn't going to be able to go that night because of work, but I was just laid off an hour ago and now I can go haha.

I got laid off over the phone while I was at Giant Eagle grocery shopping and Craig Adams walked right past me, but I couldn't even enjoy that because I was basically crying. And I never cry.
usahockeyteam1980
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
JS© wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:

I sold mine for 20 a piece for Saturday. Gonna use the money to pay my car insurance this month. If I had gotten them for Friday night I would have attended. I can't afford to pay the prices they are going at online for the first round, but you won't see me crying and whining about it; I'll just watch it on my 60inch TV.

I'll be at the draft because of the excessive amount I paid for tickets, but will also be bringing my 60in tv to watch anyway, remote control the tv via my iphone and load them all up in my gigantic SUV to bring them.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Twisted Wrister on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm

I got two for Saturday. PM me.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby enenvee on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:13 pm

I have 2 Upper Deck General Admission Tickets for Friday night. Looking to trade for two used tickets stubs from any two regular season games for this coming season. So if you need 2 to the draft and know you'll be going to a some games this season and can spare those tickets after the game, maybe we can work something out. PM if interested.
enenvee
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:27 pm

It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:
JS© wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:

I'll be at the draft because of the excessive amount I paid for tickets, but will also be bringing my 60in tv to watch anyway, remote control the tv via my iphone and load them all up in my gigantic SUV to bring them.

Awesome! Hopefully when I graduate college next year I can get a buncha sweet toys too! :thumb:
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 am

If anyone has an extra ticket for Friday, I'd like it if possible. I'll buy you a beer or beverage of your choice in exchange.

If you want money for it...I'll pass. I don't need it that badly. 8-)

EDIT - just PM on here if you have a ticket.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ShipHockey7 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:48 am

I have two tickets for Friday night, and it's looking more and more likely that I won't be able to attend. PM me if you're interested. I dont want your money and I'll send them to you for free. Enough of this silliness trying to get people to pay for a free event.

EDIT: tickets are gone
Last edited by ShipHockey7 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins