Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Postby crokin on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:59 pm

blurryhaze312 wrote:
crokin wrote:You can get an authentic jersey for the same price on ebay as a knockoff on borntrade? Don't believe it, any authentic on ebay I have seen is over 100 min.

I'm not saying it happens super frequently, but yes, it is possible to get authentic jerseys on eBay for under $100.

I got two of the style you refer to as the "Snoop Dog" jersey (:lol:) on ebay, each under $100. I bought a Jagr of that style for $45 and the seller also had a Lemieux that he wanted a few extra bucks for since it was his kids (and that's what the kid wanted to be separated from it), which I ended up paying $90 I believe.

I also got a blank white team-issued jersey from ebay for like $60 a year or so ago from around the early 2000's.

People laugh at me all the time when I say that, but it's their loss if they don't want to believe me. It does take some work and patience, but you can definitely find cheap stuff on ebay if you look.

Basically if you have 1-2 months to wait and scan, do it, I guess.
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:00 pm

10 minutes of scanning:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jaromir ... 1e694acbcf

It doesn't require you to sit in front of your PC and hit refresh every 10 minutes. Do an initial search which takes 10-15 minutes and then search once a week for another 10-15 minutes again.

You've probably already wasted more time in this thread than it would take me to search through ebay once for "Pittsburgh Penguin Jersey"

**Edit**
I see someone bid on it. You're welcome for doing the leg work. :lol:
Last edited by blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:06 pm

I don't want this to get buried :lol:

blurryhaze312 wrote:In other news, here's a good laugher:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Troy-Polamalu-S ... 416038291b

:face: :face:

canaan wrote:What. The. Hell.

My thoughts exactly.

Here's lookin' at you, Polasby ;)
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby crokin on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:27 pm

blurryhaze312 wrote:10 minutes of scanning:

It doesn't require you to sit in front of your PC and hit refresh every 10 minutes. Do an initial search which takes 10-15 minutes and then search once a week for another 10-15 minutes again.

You've probably already wasted more time in this thread than it would take me to search through ebay once for "Pittsburgh Penguin Jersey"

**Edit**

I'm a 48, not 44....that's thing....it takes some time to find the exact jersey in your exact size at the right price.

Speaking of which, I have a Jagr jersey I'm looking to sell.
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:30 pm

A size 44 from back then would be fine for you if you like a modern day 48.

Maybe clarify what you mean by a 48? 48 isn't a real size anymore. 46 is a small, 50 is large. Before the new edge jersey came out, I believe then it used to be 48 is small equivalent and 50 is large equivalent. Early 90's though 44 was your small and 48 was a large-ish I think (it's all so confusing lol); just a different number is all.

And of course it takes a little bit of time to find the right size. Do you absolutely need to have the jersey tomorrow though? Patience, son. ;)
Last edited by blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby AlexPKeaton on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:31 pm

The NHL.com jerseys are garbage, might as well buy 4 fake ones and keep the best one and sell the rest.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby crokin on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:48 pm

blurryhaze312 wrote:A size 44 from back then would be fine for you if you like a modern day 48.

Maybe clarify what you mean by a 48? 48 isn't a real size anymore. 46 is a small, 50 is large. Before the new edge jersey came out, I believe then it used to be 48 is small equivalent and 50 is large equivalent. Early 90's though 44 was your small and 48 was a large-ish I think (it's all so confusing lol); just a different number is all.

And of course it takes a little bit of time to find the right size. Do you absolutely need to have the jersey tomorrow though? Patience, son. ;)

No, I can wait.
I am a medium, so right now that means a 48, older ones don't know...

AlexPKeaton wrote:The NHL.com jerseys are garbage, might as well buy 4 fake ones and keep the best one and sell the rest.

How are they garbage???
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:51 pm

A size 44 would be fine for you.

As for the NHL.com jerseys, the lettering/numbering kits they use are junk, especially for the price you pay.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby crokin on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Wow...geez...sounds like borntrade is just as well.
So basically anything pre-Reebox or CCM is a 44? When did they switch to larger sizes?
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Not exactly. Between the different jersey manufacturers (even some like CCM have different size scales), it's hard to say unless you say what year the jersey is from and who the maker was.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sluggermatt15 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:09 pm

crokin wrote:Wow...geez...sounds like borntrade is just as well.
So basically anything pre-Reebox or CCM is a 44? When did they switch to larger sizes?

Agree with haze, it depends on the manufacturer. The current EDGE jerseys are more form-fitting or tighter than previous jerseys - CCM, Reebok 6100s, Koho, etc. It's the means by which the jersey is made and the materials. Best thing to do is try one on to determine your size.

EDGE jersey system began in 2007-2008.
sluggermatt15
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BurghThing on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:14 am

crokin wrote:
blurryhaze312 wrote:10 minutes of scanning:

**Edit**

I'm a 48, not 44....that's thing....it takes some time to find the exact jersey in your exact size at the right price.

Speaking of which, I have a Jagr jersey I'm looking to sell.

Doesn't everyone?
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SLF66 on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:31 pm

http://tarajersey.com/en/index.asp

I bought a 2011 Pens Winter Classic for about $45. I bought it knowing that the white color on the lettering and numbering is a little brighter white than the actual Authentic jersey, but I would rather have that then to pay $180 for replicas that are made worse and look worse the one I bought...especially when the pre-Reebok EDGE replicas used to be good quality, why should I pay more money for to get less in return? I used to buy the old replicas, but the EDGE ones are embarrassing.

This is a good site and I have had friends order over 15 jerseys from it (formerly jersey101.com). They are stitched, have fight straps, etc.
SLF66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shoeshine boy on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:32 am

you have to be very careful when buying the "authentic" jerseys off of Ebay. sure the Jagr jersey is legit but there are plenty of people who have bought quantity from places like BornTrade and are now selling them on Ebay for under $100 and STILL making a hefty profit. people assume that the jerseys are legit because the seller in located in a North American city.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jeffshly on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Catching up on this thread from out of town...

shoeshine boy wrote:you have to be very careful when buying the "authentic" jerseys off of Ebay. sure the Jagr jersey is legit but there are plenty of people who have bought quantity from places like BornTrade and are now selling them on Ebay for under $100 and STILL making a hefty profit. people assume that the jerseys are legit because the seller in located in a North American city.

True. You have to be able to look at pics of the jersey you're buying and know whether or not it's legit. There are plenty of site out there - http://penguinchronicles.com/ probably being the best one - to get pics of game worn jerseys for comparison purposes.

SLF66 wrote:http://tarajersey.com/en/index.asp...This is a good site and I have had friends order over 15 jerseys from it (formerly jersey101.com). They are stitched, have fight straps, etc.

I would agree. The jersey I bought for my daughter came from the original jersey101.com. Granted, it was only one jersey, but for a 10-year old, I was happy with the quality. She's got about a dozen autographs on it after having had it washed a half dozen times and the jersey's held up well.

sluggermatt15 wrote:

Agree with haze, it depends on the manufacturer. The current EDGE jerseys are more form-fitting or tighter than previous jerseys - CCM, Reebok 6100s, Koho, etc. It's the means by which the jersey is made and the materials. Best thing to do is try one on to determine your size.

Sizing used to be really simple in the "old" days. The sizes of jerseys were actual measurements at the armpit. A size 54 jersey meant the circumference of the jersey was 54 inches at the armpit - 27" across the front and 27" across the back. My older jerseys, ranging from early-90's to early-00's authentics, are mostly size 52 CCM's, Koho's, and RBK's, though I do have a size 50 CCM team-issued jersey from 1991-92 which fits me. Current Edge jerseys require me moving to a size 54. However, while the jersey fits through the body, the sleeve lengths are a little longer than I'd like. This is especially true with the 2011 Winter Classic jersey I have. I'm going to estimate that those sleeves are 2" longer than any other Edge jersey I own. And I bought it from the House O' Hockey, so yes, I'm sure it's not a knockoff.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby scals37 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 am

Kind of drunk, but at this point I think "places to find cheap, quality penguins players" may be a decent thread too
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby steve784 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:23 am

scals37 wrote:Kind of drunk, but at this point I think "places to find cheap, quality penguins players" may be a decent thread too

Any UPMC facility would probably be a good start.
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sluggermatt15 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:58 pm

sluggermatt15 wrote:

Sizing used to be really simple in the "old" days. The sizes of jerseys were actual measurements at the armpit. A size 54 jersey meant the circumference of the jersey was 54 inches at the armpit - 27" across the front and 27" across the back. My older jerseys, ranging from early-90's to early-00's authentics, are mostly size 52 CCM's, Koho's, and RBK's, though I do have a size 50 CCM team-issued jersey from 1991-92 which fits me. Current Edge jerseys require me moving to a size 54. However, while the jersey fits through the body, the sleeve lengths are a little longer than I'd like. This is especially true with the 2011 Winter Classic jersey I have. I'm going to estimate that those sleeves are 2" longer than any other Edge jersey I own. And I bought it from the House O' Hockey, so yes, I'm sure it's not a knockoff.[/quote]

The EDGE uniform system has brought a new definition to jersey sizing. For smaller sizes like a 50 and 52, the sleeves are incredibly long. I'm not a fan of this, but you get used to it after you wear EDGEs. I do like the fact between a size 50 and 56 there is NOT a huge difference. It's not like the RBK 6100s where a size 46 fits fine and a 56 is like a dress. But I really do miss the quality of the older style jerseys versus the EDGE. The EDGE tear and rip much easier than the older styles.
sluggermatt15
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby crokin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:18 pm

So if looking for a cheap jersey, which of these sites are good?
Obviously, eBay is the best IF they have it.

Borntrade
Marlboro
Weiketrade
whatjersey
yukijersey
readycheers
toonjerseys
sportsk
bestjerseyshop
Wholesalejerseys
NFLjerseyUSA
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 pm

I think if you could skate at all, just show up to the Consol this week and they'll give you a jersey for free.
BurghThing
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tjand72 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 pm

HA!
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tjand72 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:33 pm

crokin wrote:So if looking for a cheap jersey, which of these sites are good?

Borntrade
Marlboro
Weiketrade
whatjersey
yukijersey
readycheers
toonjerseys
sportsk
bestjerseyshop
Wholesalejerseys
NFLjerseyUSA

Can anyone vouch if any of these are better than the rest?
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby crokin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:35 pm

^What I was asking.
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby demondg1 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:30 pm

crokin wrote:So if looking for a cheap jersey, which of these sites are good?

Borntrade
Marlboro
Weiketrade
whatjersey
yukijersey
readycheers
toonjerseys
sportsk
bestjerseyshop
Wholesalejerseys
NFLjerseyUSA

I like how you have an IP address listed as a site.

But in all seriousness, they all probably come from the same sweatshop. They just set up a bunch of different store fronts as to not draw too much attention to any individual site.

Just wait for a sale and buy legit.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JTS66 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 pm

well since everyone is hurt... id just wait for everyone to jump ship// maybe things will go on sale
JTS66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins