Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:33 pm

I don't think I would attack someone for it, other than pointing out it's a jersey foul on an internet message board.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dodint on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:37 pm

No, I don't think you would either. That wasn't what I meant to convey.

More like when I walk around CEC and see a '92 Malkin I'd like to push them over the balcony. ;)
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:46 pm

I just think to myself "That's dumb" when I see people with their name on the back of the jersey (that doesn't match the name of a player who wore the same number for the team).
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:06 pm

While I've never had any desire to do it, I don't know why someone putting his own name on a professional sports jersey drives people crazy here. To me it just signifies that the guy is like a little boy who lives in a fantasy world where he is actually good enough to play on the team he loves. There are worse ways one can live out one's fantasies.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dodint on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:16 pm

I have my name on a jersey from 1980. Does it show I fantasize about rips in the time-space continuum? I was born in '82.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Tico Rick wrote:While I've never had any desire to do it, I don't know why someone putting his own name on a professional sports jersey drives people crazy here. To me it just signifies that the guy is like a little boy who lives in a fantasy world where he is actually good enough to play on the team he loves. There are worse ways one can live out one's fantasies.

How is that different from wearing a jersey with a player's name on it? :pop:

People seem way too uptight in this shizzle...it's just sports.
Support your teams however you want. :thumb:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:40 pm

columbia wrote:How is that different from wearing a jersey with a player's name on it? :pop:

I don't see that much of a difference. Which is why I don't understand people freaking out over people who put their own names on the jerseys.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby columbia on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Yep
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:43 pm

Now if I were to wear a Harvard jersey with the name "Columbia" on the back, that would be weird.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby stopper40 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Borntrade has the new 3rd jersey in Sin or Geno if anyone is interested
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby OutofFoil on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:15 pm

Going to China Friday, should be able to get my hands on a new Maklin or Cronsby in the market. At least I get to look at them before I get them.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Postby BigMcK on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:23 pm

To satisfy my curiosity, are there stores in China that specialize in sports jerseys, or do you just find them at random street vendors?
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Postby dodint on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:38 pm

In Afghanistan I could buy a Breitling on a shelf next to complete sets of Rosetta Stone. Only jerseys they had were soccer, though.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby OutofFoil on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Organized markets with anything that can be faked in it. They're huge, multilevel affairs. Chaotic, lots of bargaining in which they just try to wear you out. Multiple grades of quality in the same markets. There are also very nice real things such as silks, jade, and pearls, but you need to know what you're looking at, which I don't, so I don't mess with it since I would be guaranteed to get screwed with something fugazi.

I've seen many high quality fake jerseys, Beats, watches, golf clubs, etc. there. I've heard some of the stuff can be pretty good and reliable... Don't ever get the golf clubs, besides being a pita to carry through the airport, a colleague of mine bought the newest taylormades about 5 years ago, for $100. irons, woods, and bag. After about 3-4 rounds of horribly bad shots from a decent golfer, the heads began to fly off the irons and the face of the driver caved in. It was freaking hilarious.

Some of the stuff is overruns from the legit factory the real deal is made that the parent company doesn't know about and some of its straight junk. Mostly a crapshoot. Did get lucky once and stayed in the same hotel as the flight crew and noticed a group of attendants walking in the lobby with lots of purchases, so I inquired as to where the deals were due to a previous conversation with one of them. They let me know where I needed to go. It was well worth heeding the advice and I learned much about the markets on that trip.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins