Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Postby GeoTank on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:05 am

no name wrote:That chinese web site is back up, not sure if there is a way to get it without customs getting it first.

If made a few bulk purchases for some co-workers and myself from borntradejersey and never had any problems getting them or the order being correct. none of the horror stories you hear about though i have another story from a friend which is very funny. He's a very faithful Republican and ordered an Orpik #44 jersey and it arrived on time clean stitching with a perfect #44 and the name plate of "Obama". No lie i've seen it myself.
GeoTank
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby apirring on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:27 am

I have a few born\trade jerseys. One issue I did notice was on my Winter Classic Staal jersey. The sleeves were super long..but other then that, I see no problem with them. Besides buying Crosby or Malkin, do you really want to pay $180 at dicks for a player who may only be here a few seasons, not worth it to me. That is just me, but I won't wear my Staal jersey again.
apirring

Postby shoeshine boy on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:48 am

these jerseys used to annoy me:

but I guess they're ok to buy now.......
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby midd on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:51 pm

My next Pens jersey will have my last name on the back. I'll never be traded or waived. And I will never leave via free agency. Retirement is not an option. I'm in the best shape of my life!

apirring wrote:I have a few born\trade jerseys. One issue I did notice was on my Winter Classic Staal jersey. The sleeves were super long..but other then that, I see no problem with them. Besides buying Crosby or Malkin, do you really want to pay $180 at dicks for a player who may only be here a few seasons, not worth it to me. That is just me, but I won't wear my Staal jersey again.
midd
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dodint on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm thinking of getting a game issued jersey from jj. They're the same exact ones worn on the ice but the guy never actually skated. You can get one for like $250 if it's a non-name prospect/potential call-up. Just waiting on a good number. 93 will probably never come in but there was a good 25 (Ebbett) I almost picked up. With the guy being a relative unknown I wouldn't feel as bad about stripping the name off and having it redone with my nameplate.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Crankshaft on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Putting your own name on a jersey is a major jersey foul.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dodint on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Yeah, I've never done it with a pro jersey. It seems like something I'd be happy to have around the house but I'd be too uncomfortable to wear to an actual game. I have a Miracle on Ice jersey (you can't get them with the correct names anyway) and a lightweight generic practice jersey with my name/number on it. No pro gear though.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Factorial on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm saving up for a new 3rd with Maklin on it. Those Chinese merchants never carry that one.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Factorial on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Crankshaft wrote:Putting your own name on a jersey is a major jersey foul.

Unless you share a name with a player on the team. A friend of mine has a jersey with the last name of a Pen (he shares both the first and last name with him) that played in less than five games for the Pens a few years ago.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Factorial on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:25 pm

GeoTank wrote:
no name wrote:That chinese web site is back up, not sure if there is a way to get it without customs getting it first.

If made a few bulk purchases for some co-workers and myself from borntradejersey and never had any problems getting them or the order being correct. none of the horror stories you hear about though i have another story from a friend which is very funny. He's a very faithful Republican and ordered an Orpik #44 jersey and it arrived on time clean stitching with a perfect #44 and the name plate of "Obama". No lie i've seen it myself.

:D :thumb:
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dodint on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Oh, it's also kind of an oddball thing, but I traced my ancestry back to a specific town in the old country and found the nearest pro hockey club geographically and ordered a jersey with my ancestral maternal name on it. Explains why there is a really funky Jwaniczko #93 in my closet that looks like this:

It explains why I have a Slovak jersey guy in my list of contacts.
Eventually I'll do the same for my paternal German ancestry when I get around to it.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DelPen on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 am

What if you share a last name with a player who sucks, is it acceptable to get their jersey?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:26 am

I do not really believe any Pens fan wants a "cheap" jersey. I know it is just semantics, but I would prefer an "inexpensive" jersey. so much better of a word. :thumb:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:45 pm

GeoTank wrote:

Brooks Orpik is not impressed

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:25 pm

DelPen wrote:

What if you share a last name with a player who sucks, is it acceptable to get their jersey?

Is it the same number? Then it's still that players jersey. The fact you share a last name is irrelevant.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DropEmJayBird on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Fedotenko was obviously KGB, it all makes sense now - the penguins winning that cup was a Communist plot to get Fedotenko into the white house to deliver a message. It's so clear after seeing this photo.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby midd on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:22 am

Nahhhhh. just a matter of opinion and perspective. I have 2 Lemieux's, Jagr, Ulf, Coffey, Kaspar, McSorley, Crosby, Malkin and Neal.

If I wear the Crosby or Malkin, I would get the "oh great ANOTHER one of those jerseys"

I can pull the Coffey one out since its now a third jersey type. It's actual '88-89 pro jersey.

midd
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:59 am

It will be nice seeing the same styles for Crosby and Mario and also seeing Letang and Coffey together in uniformity.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:17 pm

For those of you guys looking to sell give me a message.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the errey i breathe on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:31 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Lemeiux-c ... _25wt_1238

Saw this steal of a deal: "Custom Made" Lemieux jersey for only $30
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Grunthy on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:57 pm

it's other people's money. WTF does it matter what name they put on it?

The only thing I question is obvious knockoffs.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:16 pm

I can tolerate knockoffs more than someone putting their own name on it. I don't understand the reasoning behind putting your name on it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dodint on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Well, if it's your name it's valid as long as you're still a fan. It could indicate that you're a 'die-hard' fan since you bought a jersey almost no one else in the world can ever wear. As long as the number isn't iconic (21/66/87 for Pitt) and you don't put an A/C on it I don't really see the problem. I'm a narcissist that loves his name so I already have more than one jersey with my name on it, but no Pens jerseys. I'm sure I'll have one in time.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:24 pm

I've never looked at someone who has their own name on their jersey and said, "Wow! They must be a true fan of this team!".
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby dodint on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:28 pm

I've never purchased a jersey thinking I could profit off it down the road. But when I see an OWN NAME jersey my first thought is that jersey only has value to one person. There is something there, whether it makes any real sense or not. My wife has a Steeler jersey with "Ashie" on the back and she loves it and it doesn't hurt anyone. Fandom isn't a science which is why I wouldn't attack someone for doing it. To me the knockoff '92 Crosby jerseys were a much larger foul since even the slightest fan should know that jersey was starkly impossible, but that's moot now.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins