Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Postby NashvilleCat on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:19 am

What's the best place in Pittsburgh to shop for jerseys? My son is looking for a 1990-91 era Mario. We went to a shop out in Robinson a few years ago that had a bunch of Steelers/Pirates/Pirates stuff. Cant rmember the name might have been in an outlet mall.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CERV96 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:17 am

http://www.teampittsburghgear.com/Men/3015/Dept

This is the website of the store at the arena. Got my stadium series jersey from them 10% off and free shipping.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby NashvilleCat on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:16 pm

CERV96 wrote:http://www.teampittsburghgear.com/Men/3015/Dept

This is the website of the store at the arena. Got my stadium series jersey from them 10% off and free shipping.

Thanks
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:34 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:No shrinkage? Lol....

No shrinkage, as long as you do cold-cold and hang dry it.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Ty Kovy
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:47 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:Ty Kovy

Make sure you turn the jersey inside out.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Great58 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:53 am

I machine wash mine the same way Kovy does. No problems. You've seen how the teams launder their jerseys. They can take it.
Great58
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Batman21 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Ya cold and gentle cycle does the job. over the years hang drying can mess with the collars. I have a few oversize hangers that i use to dry or ill spread the jersey on a drying rack with the logo and lumbers flat. i've also started not leaving my jerseys hanging. I'll switch it up and fold them do the logo and numbers are not bent.
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby midd on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:37 am

I can access borntrade but when I place an order I get an error and it never goes through.
midd
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pghsports on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Batman21 wrote:Ya cold and gentle cycle does the job. over the years hang drying can mess with the collars. I have a few oversize hangers that i use to dry or ill spread the jersey on a drying rack with the logo and lumbers flat. i've also started not leaving my jerseys hanging. I'll switch it up and fold them do the logo and numbers are not bent.

Agreed - the standard delicate cycle, jersey inside-out, hang dry has worked well. I have a large number of CCM, Starter, and Pro Player jerseys that are 10-20 years old and still in good shape. There are signs of wear (loose threads, some pulls, etc.), of course, but I think it's due to the age of the jerseys and not the washing process. I haven't noticed any warping or impact of hang drying on the collars, for what it's worth.

Not sure how the Reeboks hold up - I only have two of those and those were both purchased within the past year.

As an aside, has anyone noticed that Dick's and a few other places appear to be selling a Reebok replica jersey that is much closer to the old CCM's than the Reebok replica of the past 6 years? By that I mean a significant quality upgrade with the name and numbers stitched on and three-layered sewing and herring-bone pattern in the fill. The nameplates are also significantly bigger. They're the same price as the older screenprint version, but if you hold one of the new ones up against the old, it's night and day how different they are.
Pghsports
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JS© on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:24 am

bumpity-bump-bump

Been keeping an eye on these for the last day or so. The only thing stopping me is that the 52 might be a bit big for me. Blurryhaze, maybe you can help on this one. Is this what they're referring to as the "IndoEdge" jerseys?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-Reebok ... 4ad242a6a1

I know there were a few people looking for a Stadium Series Sid jersey. It's listed as a premier, so I'm assigning it's the heat press numbers/letters. Not my thing, but maybe somebody else wants it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-Reebok ... 4ad2600ab0

And if somebody is looking for Winter Classic 2008 jersey and doesn't mind the premier series, the same seller has a Letang for $30 + shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-Reebok ... 338c42d720

Shipping is a bit high on these, but it looks like the seller is mostly selling old stock.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dodint on Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:42 am

I was searching for Gibbons stuff on eBay just to see what might be out there the other day and laughed when the only Pens jersey that came up was the Stadium Series jersey.

Along the lines of this thread, I bought a jersey from www.borntradejersey.cn a few months ago and it was worth the $75 it cost to buy and ship. There were a few hanging strings but I cleaned that up and it's a nice jersey to wear to the games and stuff. Not top shelf quality but the crest, nameplate, and numbers were straight and correct so I'd take a chance with them again in the future.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm not gonna do the standard Born Trade lecture. It's back a few pages, but I'll never buy from them again thanks to an old Fleury jersey that I bought. I bought a size 50 thinking that it might be a little loose. It ended up fitting like a 46 in the shoulders.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dodint on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Yeah, I read the thread and took a chance. No complaints on this order, if I order again I'll report back. My next jersey purchase is either going to be a Nedved jersey I've had my eye on, or a game worn, so it probably won't be for a while.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:10 pm

I got a Lemieux Snoop-style jersey from BT and don't really have any problems with it. Only small discrepancy with the angle of the diagonal Pittsburgh, but other than that, it looks good.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dodint on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:27 pm

BT just put the Stadium Series jerseys into their store within the last day or so. $38 for your choice of Neal, Crosby, or Malkin. I'm still not buying one but I know some other folks were considering it and might take a flyer on one.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 pm

don't do it. Numbering on the Sid/Geno are wrong, and the numbers on the Neal look like they're out of two different sets. :(
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dodint on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:37 pm

The 87 didn't look 'stretched' enough like the legit Stadium Series stuff, and the Neal looked too elongated. Most of the jerseys on there look off, but I know some folks don't care so I thought I'd throw it out there. I'd like a Joe Mullen but the big 7 on the back isn't even a real 7, lol.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:47 am

Ended up missing out on this one yesterday: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PRO-198 ... 1521963487

Numbering is done in the correct font and heat-pressed (correct for the era), along with the shoestring-style fight strap. A 54 is bigger than I usually wear, but for $50+ship I would have taken my chances.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby stopper40 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:05 am

GeoTank wrote:Through coworkers and my own purchases i've seen dozens of borntrade jerseys. To be honest not one of them looks bad, none of those "the name was misspelled" or "the numbers were upside down" or any number of other horror stories.

Just my two cents. heck thinking about getting the kids some jerseys too. They grow so damn quick who wants to spend that much. under $150 for all three with shipping?!?!? where can you go wrong.

I have a Borntrade jersey, I know several people that have several jerseys. I've never seen a thing wrong with any of them. Of course there's always the unverifiable, anecdotal story about the friend of a friend who had the jersey with everything you could think of wrong with it.
Last edited by stopper40 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:01 am

If I could be promised of getting a jersey with an upside down number or emblem or a misspell, I would definitely get a borntrade jersey.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dodint on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:45 am

My borntrade has a few loose strings/seams, but once I cleaned it up some it makes for a servicable jersey to wear out. If some guy vomits Burgatory all over it from three rows back my heart won't be broken.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby no name on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:59 am

That chinese web site is back up, not sure if there is a way to get it without customs getting it first.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dodint on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:00 am

Really? I've ordered from there twice and both times it got to my house in NC in about 7 days. Only issue being I had to go to the PO to sign for it, they wouldn't leave it at the house.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shoeshine boy on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:04 am

same here. in my experience customs only keeps it if you're like some of those Ebay sellers that buy 50 of them in hopes of marking them up to unsuspecting buyers.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins