Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:47 pm

**** you Dubois. Go cry about your coach some more.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,736
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby offsides on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:47 pm

Jarry Jarry Jarry 3 stars
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,325
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Puck-Lurker on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:47 pm

Jarry!
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,924
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Sigwolf on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:48 pm

Was that Jarry's first 3 for 3 on the shootout this year? Fantastic job.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,983
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Dynasty1970 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:48 pm

Wow….lucked the EFF out today.
Dynasty1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,133
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:19 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby DelPen on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:48 pm

Dubois with maybe the worst shot in a shootout I have ever seen. Garbage player.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 54,715
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby stonewizard51 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:51 pm

murphydump55 wrote:**** you Dubois. Go cry about your coach some more.

You have to wonder how long before he wears out his welcome in Winnipeg.
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,000
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Toolsteelguy on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:51 pm

I’m exhausted after that. Time for nap.
Toolsteelguy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby offsides on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:54 pm

Toolsteelguy wrote:I’m exhausted after that. Time for nap.

Me too! Right after a little snow removal.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,325
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Ericf on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:02 pm

You people ******** about Geno are ridiculous
That was his best game by far and third period and OT was vintage Geno
First line and Letang-Dumo were the ones who weren’t good
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby offsides on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:09 pm

Second place in Metro. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago? I sure didn't.
Credit to all the coaches and players.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,325
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:11 pm

Ericf wrote:You people ******** about Geno are ridiculous
That was his best game by far and third period and OT was vintage Geno
First line and Letang-Dumo were the ones who weren’t good


First line was fine and the numbers back it up.

Geno was fine too, just stupid at times and still daydreams defensively for large portions of the game. This wasn’t new today, this is the norm. But otherwise, yes he was good.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,736
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Dynasty1970 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:20 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Ericf wrote:You people ******** about Geno are ridiculous
That was his best game by far and third period and OT was vintage Geno
First line and Letang-Dumo were the ones who weren’t good


First line was fine and the numbers back it up.

Geno was fine too, just stupid at times and still daydreams defensively for large portions of the game. This wasn’t new today, this is the norm. But otherwise, yes he was good.

Geno looks a hell of a lot different if Jarry wasn’t “On” today!
Dynasty1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,133
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:19 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Southern Fan on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:31 pm

ERod-7 goals in 7 games prior to Malkin. After Malkin returns, 0 goals in 7 games.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,065
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Ericf on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm

Dynasty1970 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Ericf wrote:You people ******** about Geno are ridiculous
That was his best game by far and third period and OT was vintage Geno
First line and Letang-Dumo were the ones who weren’t good


First line was fine and the numbers back it up.

Geno was fine too, just stupid at times and still daydreams defensively for large portions of the game. This wasn’t new today, this is the norm. But otherwise, yes he was good.

Geno looks a hell of a lot different if Jarry wasn’t “On” today!


What? The team had 14 chances for when he was on the ice and only 3 against…people just make up **** about him because he’s Russian or he occasionally has a boneheaded turnover on the PP just like most of our other players do as well…or something
Last edited by Ericf on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby FLPensFan on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:37 pm

Southern Fan wrote:ERod-7 goals in 7 games prior to Malkin. After Malkin returns, 0 goals in 7 games.

I asked Jesse about this the other day, and I'm hoping he digs into the numbers a bit. The biggest thing with E-Rod's success is that he was carrying the puck into the zone constantly, and when he was on Carter's line, Carter was doing the zone entries...which limits the puck handling that was making E-Rod successful.

Hoping Jesse can look at the numbers (he did a piece on him a few weeks ago) and they show that E-Rod is carrying the puck less, leading to less chances and the goal drought we are seeing.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,666
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Ericf on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:41 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
Southern Fan wrote:ERod-7 goals in 7 games prior to Malkin. After Malkin returns, 0 goals in 7 games.

I asked Jesse about this the other day, and I'm hoping he digs into the numbers a bit. The biggest thing with E-Rod's success is that he was carrying the puck into the zone constantly, and when he was on Carter's line, Carter was doing the zone entries...which limits the puck handling that was making E-Rod successful.

Hoping Jesse can look at the numbers (he did a piece on him a few weeks ago) and they show that E-Rod is carrying the puck less, leading to less chances and the goal drought we are seeing.


I think ERod’s situation changed when he was moved out of the center position, off PP1 and then later got less time when he was moved off the top two lines (had 10-11 minutes TOI in one recent game). He’s been moved around a lot…I also think he cooled when he got placed on L1, which had nothing to do with Geno but with Rust going on the Covid list…it seems like he lost quite a bit of confidence and he’s pressing, now nothing he shoots goes on…he also was never going to sustain a shooting level he never had reached previously in his career at age 28
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Toolsteelguy on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:42 pm

offsides wrote:
Toolsteelguy wrote:I’m exhausted after that. Time for nap.

Me too! Right after a little snow removal.


For me it’s cut the grass. !!
Toolsteelguy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Dynasty1970 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:13 pm

Ericf wrote:
Dynasty1970 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Ericf wrote:You people ******** about Geno are ridiculous
That was his best game by far and third period and OT was vintage Geno
First line and Letang-Dumo were the ones who weren’t good


First line was fine and the numbers back it up.

Geno was fine too, just stupid at times and still daydreams defensively for large portions of the game. This wasn’t new today, this is the norm. But otherwise, yes he was good.

Geno looks a hell of a lot different if Jarry wasn’t “On” today!


What? The team had 14 chances for when he was on the ice and only 3 against…people just make up **** about him because he’s Russian or he occasionally has a boneheaded turnover on the PP just like most of our other players do as well…or something

When those chances are GRADE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+ like 3 on 1 short handed it tends to taint my opinion of him. What game were you watching?
Dynasty1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,133
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:19 am

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Jets 1/23/22

Postby Ericf on Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:15 pm

Dynasty1970 wrote:
Ericf wrote:
Dynasty1970 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Ericf wrote:You people ******** about Geno are ridiculous
That was his best game by far and third period and OT was vintage Geno
First line and Letang-Dumo were the ones who weren’t good


First line was fine and the numbers back it up.

Geno was fine too, just stupid at times and still daydreams defensively for large portions of the game. This wasn’t new today, this is the norm. But otherwise, yes he was good.

Geno looks a hell of a lot different if Jarry wasn’t “On” today!


What? The team had 14 chances for when he was on the ice and only 3 against…people just make up **** about him because he’s Russian or he occasionally has a boneheaded turnover on the PP just like most of our other players do as well…or something

When those chances are GRADE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+ like 3 on 1 short handed it tends to taint my opinion of him. What game were you watching?


The same game…he was very good except for a couple lazy passes that both he and Letang had on the PP…your biases are showing
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


e-mail