Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby blurryhaze312 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:13 pm

Lesky wrote:
jeffshly wrote:
Lesky wrote:So for people unaware, like 10 years back I was in a big hunt for this particular jersey in a size 46, and blurryhaze312 kindly decided he could let go of the one he had to help end my chase! That was very kind of him and still much appreciated :-)

Here is blurryhaze312 old jersey :fist: Thanks again!


That Haze...he's a good guy, isn't he? :wink: If only I could get him to sell me his original Pens 25th Anniversary patch!


Haha. I guess maybe Haze could consider trading it for one of your game worn jerseys? :lol: I do know he really values these patches.


Hey now, I never said I wouldn't sell you one. :wink: Make you a deal, you help me find an authentic Badger patch that I can buy for not a crazy ridiculous price or trade for and I'll give you a 25th for free as a finders fee!

Lesky - no, I didn't wait. It's literally the first one I've found in that size in the model with a fight strap that I was able to buy since our trade. 9 years and only one I've found!! I guess that wait was worth it to get a jersey in such good condition.

Waiting for a kit to arrive to turn it into a Jagr "C" captain jersey. Also found this recently, which will also be a Jagr captain. I know you'll approve. :fist:

Image
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:46 am
Location: Pathetic, Fake Fan by Simple Definition

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 am

You still doing your own sewing, Haze?
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:21 am

Yup!

Getting kits from a combination of Keener & "Pro Jersey Lettering" on ebay. PJL is/was a member at IJ forum (now https://thejerseypage.freeforums.net/)
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:46 am
Location: Pathetic, Fake Fan by Simple Definition

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:13 am

I picked up a 2018-19 HFC jersey (retail authentic) from...get ready for this...TJ Maxx for $40. ProKnit won’t customize it, citing the fact that the Pens don’t let them supply kits for specialty jerseys. So I picked up this one: https://customizesports.com/product/pit ... er-jersey/

I emailed Ron at HoH to see if he’s out it on for me and I’m awaiting a response. I wish I knew how to do that stuff!
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby theblackarts on Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:47 pm

blurryhaze312 wrote:Yup!

Getting kits from a combination of Keener & "Pro Jersey Lettering" on ebay. PJL is/was a member at IJ forum (now https://thejerseypage.freeforums.net/)


Would you happen to have a vegas gold gamer from 2009 and 2016? Trying to figure out what material was used for the name plates. It looks like 2009 was airknit, but trying to confirm that they switched to the edge mesh on the back in 2016 for the white jerseys.

Also, do you happen to have your jerseys posted anywhere? Would love to take a look!
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:17 pm

theblackarts wrote:Would you happen to have a vegas gold gamer from 2009 and 2016? Trying to figure out what material was used for the name plates. It looks like 2009 was airknit, but trying to confirm that they switched to the edge mesh on the back in 2016 for the white jerseys.

Also, do you happen to have your jerseys posted anywhere? Would love to take a look!


Reebok Edge 2.0 jerseys from 2009 through the transition to Adidas were made of Air-Knit material. The nameplates were also Air-Knit. MiC Adidas jerseys also use nameplates made from the same material of the body/torso of the jersey.

Adidas MiC white example: Image
Adidas MiC black example (tough to see in black): Image

Reebok Edge 2.0 white example: Image
Reebok Edge 2.0 black example: Image
Reebok Edge 2.0 gold example: Image
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby theblackarts on Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:30 am

jeffshly wrote:
theblackarts wrote:Would you happen to have a vegas gold gamer from 2009 and 2016? Trying to figure out what material was used for the name plates. It looks like 2009 was airknit, but trying to confirm that they switched to the edge mesh on the back in 2016 for the white jerseys.

Also, do you happen to have your jerseys posted anywhere? Would love to take a look!


Reebok Edge 2.0 jerseys from 2009 through the transition to Adidas were made of Air-Knit material. The nameplates were also Air-Knit. MiC Adidas jerseys also use nameplates made from the same material of the body/torso of the jersey.

Adidas MiC white example: Image
Adidas MiC black example (tough to see in black): Image

Reebok Edge 2.0 white example: Image
Reebok Edge 2.0 black example: Image
Reebok Edge 2.0 gold example: Image


Thanks Jeff! Would you happen to know if the white vegas gold jerseys from the sharks series were the same? I’ve been told they were different.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:50 am

theblackarts wrote:Would you happen to know if the white vegas gold jerseys from the sharks series were the same? I’ve been told they were different.


Those were Edge 2.0 jerseys made of Air-Knit material. Nameplates for those jerseys were also Air-Knit. I don't have a Pro Knit-customized example, but I do know that, outside of patchwork, these jerseys weren't customized any differently.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby Ohio_Pens_fan on Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:58 pm

Does Sidney Crosby have a contract with a group/vendor who market signed pucks by him? I've tried Frozen Pond in Toronto and they don't carry any due their suppliers high asking prices. Not even going to consider ebay or any other such outlet with parking lot scrawls or numerous fakes.
Ohio_Pens_fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:01 pm
Location: central Illinois (at present)

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:58 pm

Ohio_Pens_fan wrote:Does Sidney Crosby have a contract with a group/vendor who market signed pucks by him? I've tried Frozen Pond in Toronto and they don't carry any due their suppliers high asking prices. Not even going to consider ebay or any other such outlet with parking lot scrawls or numerous fakes.


To be honest, I'm not real sure. I've never been one to buy/sell autographed merch. There are some Facebook group that do, though. Check out the "Pittsburgh Penguins Autographed, Game Used, & Collectible Memorabilia" and "Pittsburgh Penguins Autographed Memorabilia Selling & Trading" groups. Those guys should be able to point you in the right direcction.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby KingPen66 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:20 am

Ohio_Pens_fan wrote:Does Sidney Crosby have a contract with a group/vendor who market signed pucks by him? I've tried Frozen Pond in Toronto and they don't carry any due their suppliers high asking prices. Not even going to consider ebay or any other such outlet with parking lot scrawls or numerous fakes.


Crosby has an exclusive autographed memorabilia contract with Frameworth. You can go to http://www.frameworth.com and search for Crosby items to purchase. He does not do signings with any other companies or individuals. He has been exlusive with Frameworth his entire career.
KingPen66
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby theblackarts on Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:38 pm

Is this legit? If it’s team issued I’m not sure why the ccm would be by the neck. Can’t find any player photos with that placement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303540604026

Edit: Apparently they were worn this way in 2001-2002.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:18 am

theblackarts wrote:Is this legit? If it’s team issued I’m not sure why the ccm would be by the neck. Can’t find any player photos with that placement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303540604026

Edit: Apparently they were worn this way in 2001-2002.


Jersey looks legit to me. More importantly, the seller on this is also legit. I've dealt with Jersey Baron before. As a typically the case, he's a bit on the pricy side, but the jersey is definitely legit.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby Lesky on Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:17 am

theblackarts wrote:Is this legit? If it’s team issued I’m not sure why the ccm would be by the neck. Can’t find any player photos with that placement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303540604026

Edit: Apparently they were worn this way in 2001-2002.


Yep. 100% legit I bought that one and also the away gradient (koho) jersey in size 52 from the jerseybaron a few years back.

I would have guessed the jerseys were from the 2000-2001 season as that was the last season the gradient jersey was worn before they scrapped it.


EDIT: OMG. I learned something new here. The Penguins wore the jammies koho for the 2001-2002 season, I was sure it went out the door when Jagr was traded. Good that I learned this :D
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,105
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby Lesky on Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:24 am

blurryhaze312 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
jeffshly wrote:
Lesky wrote:So for people unaware, like 10 years back I was in a big hunt for this particular jersey in a size 46, and blurryhaze312 kindly decided he could let go of the one he had to help end my chase! That was very kind of him and still much appreciated :-)

Here is blurryhaze312 old jersey :fist: Thanks again!


That Haze...he's a good guy, isn't he? :wink: If only I could get him to sell me his original Pens 25th Anniversary patch!


Haha. I guess maybe Haze could consider trading it for one of your game worn jerseys? :lol: I do know he really values these patches.


Hey now, I never said I wouldn't sell you one. :wink: Make you a deal, you help me find an authentic Badger patch that I can buy for not a crazy ridiculous price or trade for and I'll give you a 25th for free as a finders fee!

Lesky - no, I didn't wait. It's literally the first one I've found in that size in the model with a fight strap that I was able to buy since our trade. 9 years and only one I've found!! I guess that wait was worth it to get a jersey in such good condition.

Waiting for a kit to arrive to turn it into a Jagr "C" captain jersey. Also found this recently, which will also be a Jagr captain. I know you'll approve. :fist:

Image



I totally approve of your recent Jagr customization moves, I hope you share the results when they are done so we can all enjoy :D

I have seen a few in size 46 actually in the last 4-5 years but never a brand new with tag, most were clealy used. I was thinking of sending you a message and see if you were still looking but figured you already
got one :-)

Nice one, a starter mesh jersey :thumb: Wait a minute, how is the starter mesh about the same size as the size 46? Is it made in Berlin, WI? I dont see a size tag, but regardless I am certain that you have found something mega rare unless I have misjugded the sizing of the jersey. The Jagr signature is on point :thumb:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,105
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 am
Location: Iceoplex

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby blurryhaze312 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Lesky wrote:
blurryhaze312 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
jeffshly wrote:
Lesky wrote:So for people unaware, like 10 years back I was in a big hunt for this particular jersey in a size 46, and blurryhaze312 kindly decided he could let go of the one he had to help end my chase! That was very kind of him and still much appreciated :-)

Here is blurryhaze312 old jersey :fist: Thanks again!


That Haze...he's a good guy, isn't he? :wink: If only I could get him to sell me his original Pens 25th Anniversary patch!


Haha. I guess maybe Haze could consider trading it for one of your game worn jerseys? :lol: I do know he really values these patches.


Hey now, I never said I wouldn't sell you one. :wink: Make you a deal, you help me find an authentic Badger patch that I can buy for not a crazy ridiculous price or trade for and I'll give you a 25th for free as a finders fee!

Lesky - no, I didn't wait. It's literally the first one I've found in that size in the model with a fight strap that I was able to buy since our trade. 9 years and only one I've found!! I guess that wait was worth it to get a jersey in such good condition.

Waiting for a kit to arrive to turn it into a Jagr "C" captain jersey. Also found this recently, which will also be a Jagr captain. I know you'll approve. :fist:

Image



I totally approve of your recent Jagr customization moves, I hope you share the results when they are done so we can all enjoy :D

I have seen a few in size 46 actually in the last 4-5 years but never a brand new with tag, most were clealy used. I was thinking of sending you a message and see if you were still looking but figured you already
got one :-)

Nice one, a starter mesh jersey :thumb: Wait a minute, how is the starter mesh about the same size as the size 46? Is it made in Berlin, WI? I dont see a size tag, but regardless I am certain that you have found something mega rare unless I have misjugded the sizing of the jersey. The Jagr signature is on point :thumb:


It's a size 50-R actually. It's fairly large, but not a tent like any other Starter mesh jersey I've seen.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:46 am
Location: Pathetic, Fake Fan by Simple Definition

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby midd on Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:07 am

blurryhaze did you ever find your Badger patch? Chuck Thomas Enterprises has them. I believe they are authentic. I've purchased from them in the past and have been very pleased.

https://www.chuckthomas.com/penjer.htm

blurryhaze312 wrote:Make you a deal, you help me find an authentic Badger patch that I can buy for not a crazy ridiculous price or trade for and I'll give you a 25th for free as a finders fee!
midd
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:50 pm
Location: First and First, the Nexus of the Universe

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby Jim on Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:10 am

Chuck Thomas... blast from the past...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,148
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:41 am

midd wrote:blurryhaze did you ever find your Badger patch? Chuck Thomas Enterprises has them. I believe they are authentic. I've purchased from them in the past and have been very pleased.

https://www.chuckthomas.com/penjer.htm

The picture posted on that site is of a reproduction patch. Compare to this one, from my team-issued jersey from 1992.

Image

A number of the other patches on this site are reproductions as well.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby theblackarts on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:34 am

Anyone know if Sid wore a 54 or a 56 in juniors?
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby blurryhaze312 on Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Lesky wrote:I totally approve of your recent Jagr customization moves, I hope you share the results when they are done so we can all enjoy :D

Nice one, a starter mesh jersey :thumb: Wait a minute, how is the starter mesh about the same size as the size 46? Is it made in Berlin, WI? I dont see a size tag, but regardless I am certain that you have found something mega rare unless I have misjugded the sizing of the jersey. The Jagr signature is on point :thumb:


Image
Image
Image

Customized to match the jersey Jagr wore in the game to send Gretzky into retirement - he scored the OT goal in the final game of the season.
Image
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:46 am
Location: Pathetic, Fake Fan by Simple Definition

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby BigMcK on Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:12 am

Offerup has a jersey listed that is "game worn" of a Star player in Phoenix that I am be interested in. Price listed and player I wish to keep discreet. It comes with a certificate of authenticity. Price is high for the take.

Can anyone give insight on how jersey sales are trending in today's market? I am not buying to flip, but inflation of the posted ptice is a concern. Jersey is a game room addition.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,631
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:43 pm

BigMcK wrote:Offerup has a jersey listed that is "game worn" of a Star player in Phoenix that I am be interested in. Price listed and player I wish to keep discreet. It comes with a certificate of authenticity. Price is high for the take.

Can anyone give insight on how jersey sales are trending in today's market? I am not buying to flip, but inflation of the posted ptice is a concern. Jersey is a game room addition.


Jerseys and other collectible prices have been going bonkers for the past year or so. COA may or may not be worth the paper it was printed on.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:46 am
Location: Pathetic, Fake Fan by Simple Definition

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby jeffshly on Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:54 am

BigMcK wrote:Can anyone give insight on how jersey sales are trending in today's market? I am not buying to flip, but inflation of the posted ptice is a concern. Jersey is a game room addition.

blurryhaze312 wrote:Jerseys and other collectible prices have been going bonkers for the past year or so. COA may or may not be worth the paper it was printed on.


I second what blurryhaze312 said. Obviously, star players' gamers have always been worth more than their lesser counterparts', but the jersey market has gone through the roof over the last year or two, much like the card market has. These things are typically cyclical, and people who are paying top dollar for jerseys now might have a hard time recuperating their cost in a few years. The Pens Reverse Retro jerseys from last year are an example of this. There's a rarity involved as there was only one set, and they were popular with the fan base. But when a fringe NHLer's gamer is going for $1500 and game issues for players who never wore the jersey are going for $850, that's more than a bit much. People buying these jerseys are overpaying and are likely going to take a loss if they attempt to sell anytime soon.

A good reference for jersey values would be past auction results from the major auction houses. Don't go back too far in time, as the market's uptick wouldn't be accounted for, but it should give you a good idea on what the actual value of the jersey would be.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Official Pittsburgh Penguins Jersey & Gear Discussion Th

Postby BigMcK on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:28 am

Update: Shane Doan. Kachina (peyote) jersey. Upon contact with the seller, no COA. Size is "large".

Scam ad. Person probably not in AZ. I screwed up by not buying a framed jersey a few years ago when I had the chance while visiting the area.

Thank you both for the information and insight.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,631
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


e-mail